New User
Jedimaster198
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Nook Color Power button unresponsive and touchscreen not working

I have had my Nook Color for a little over two years now and haven't had any major problems with it and I have done nothing to get it bricked. I was reading a book this afternoon when I noticed the screen was dirty so I put it in sleep mode while I wiped the screen off with a soft piece of cloth. I tried to press the power button to turn it back on and it won't turn on. I've tried to press the home button and it still wouldn't turn on. I plugged it in and the password screen would come up and when I tried to type in the password the touchscreen wouldn't respond to my touch. I have tried the hard reset and the soft reset, but it still isn't working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bibliophile
5ivedom

Re: Nook Color Power button unresponsive and touchscreen not working

First try this:

Power Off: Press and hold power button for 20 seconds.

Power ON: Press and hold power button for 4 seconds.

If that doesn't work, try this:

Power Off: Press and hold power button and n button (the 'n' below the screen) for 20 seconds.

Wait for 15 seconds. It should start automatically. If it doesn't, then - Power ON: Press and hold power button for 4 seconds.

New User
Jedimaster198
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. It worked great.

Reader 4
tk57
0 Kudos

Thank You!!  This worked. I was reading last night & set it down for a few minutes. And that was it, went to a totally black screen and would not activate!!

New User
JL69
0 Kudos

Thank you sooo much!
New User
tmireland
0 Kudos

Thanks 5ivedom. I came here because I was listening to Pandora on my Nook. It went into sleep mode and froze in that state. I tried the power off, but I think I was not holding it for the right times. Your simple advice was helpful. :smileyhappy: