New User
Candi_utsa7
0 Kudos

Nook Color Skipping Pages!

I have had my Nook Color for 11 months now. Last month it started skipping pages while I was reading. It would skip 5 or 6 pages or it would get stuck on one page. I called a few times about and was told to turn the unit off and on again, which helped until it happened two days after that. Finally, tech support told me that they would replace my nook because this problem kept recurring every couple of days. Should I take the replacement, which is a certified pre-owned, or should I just stick with my original Nook Color? I am worried that is it the software version that is causing the problem or that this issue is simply very common with the Nook Color that any NC I get will do the same thing. Any suggestions?

Frequent Contributor
geertm

Re: Nook Color Skipping Pages!

Candi_utsa7 wrote:

I have had my Nook Color for 11 months now. Last month it started skipping pages while I was reading. It would skip 5 or 6 pages or it would get stuck on one page. I called a few times about and was told to turn the unit off and on again, which helped until it happened two days after that. Finally, tech support told me that they would replace my nook because this problem kept recurring every couple of days. Should I take the replacement, which is a certified pre-owned, or should I just stick with my original Nook Color? I am worried that is it the software version that is causing the problem or that this issue is simply very common with the Nook Color that any NC I get will do the same thing. Any suggestions?

This is a known problem of last few firmware versions of both the NC and the NT. So replacing the NC will not solve the problem.

The easiest solution when this happens is to change the font size.