Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color Touchscreen Freaking Out

LeAnnInMtta wrote:

Nook locked up on me tonight while I was using it.  It's fully charged, so not charging when it happened. Screen went blank, light blue, soft light reflecting on screen.  Can't turn it on or off.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

You tried holding the power button for 20-30 seconds? That should usually get it to turn off, then hold it again to turn on. If not, I'd definitely call support or take it in.

New User
cath55
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color Touch Screen Freaking Out

This is happening with my nook tablet! I did unplug it and the hypersensitive keyboard problem stopped...
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Also try the Power+N button thing i.e.

Hold Power button and N button (the physical n button below the screen) for 20 seconds.

Reader 4
jamielynk
0 Kudos

My NC goes thru fits of not responding to touch commands at all, to scrolling, highlighting, and tabbing anything and everything, and I never even asked it to. I'm really disappointed with my NC and have put up with it for 2 years now. Unfortunately now that the Color is going by the wayside and the HDs are out, I dont expect much from B&N to solve it. 

I thought I might give the NC to my 5yo for games and Netflix but even she gets tired of the lagging response, zero response and flipping out. 

B&N needs to have a trade in or something for those of us who invested 250 to get this new fangled thingy thats really just kinda meh.

New User
General_Cornwallis
0 Kudos

My Nook Color didn't ike humidity. It was either going bananas or I was pounding on the screen and nothing was happening. How humid was it? I was in a meeting room with lots of bodies and it was summer. The AC was on too. Well, I knew there and then my Nook was another one of those Android POS. A week or two later the thing went and bricked itself. Now I'm doing what I should have done in the first place - bypassing the android garbage and going for an iPad.

New User
GeorgeOH
0 Kudos

I have a Nook Tablet actually, but they're basically the same I guess.  My NT started going berzerk about two weeks ago...freezing, turning pages randomly..all these crazy things.  Turn it off and back on it would work for 5 minutes then back to it's crazyness.  Tried all the remedies from these threads,  cleaned the screen, pushed all the buttons short of wiping the whole thing back to "like new"

Here's what worked for me (so far)..about an hour so far.  Knock on wood,  salt over the shoulder, horseshoes pointing the right way.  I've had this for a year and a half so no warantee issues. I took it apart..plenty of utubes on disassembling on the net..cleaned the screen real good under the front bezel with a little windex on a paper towel..there's like double back tape under the bezel..took that off. Then reassembled the thing.  A couple of the screws seemed to be loose when I took it apart, so I tried to torque all the screws the same putting it back together. 

So..it's not as good as new.  I broke a couple of the little plastic tabs that snap the back cover on, but if it keeps working, I can live with it. 

I really do like my Nook..I was ready to go out and buy a new one..and I still will I guess if this thing starts it's s**t again..So far so good