New User
Christina_Lorenz
0 Kudos

Nook Color keyboard problems on Facebook?

I just got a Nook Color a few days ago and was playing around with the browser.  I was on my Facebook page and was trying to post a status update.  For some reason everytime I tap the status update box and try to type the keyboard won't work.  Sometimes it will come up and I try to type a letter and the keyboard just disappears.  It highlights the status update box in green but the keyboard just won't come up?  What am I doing wrong?

Correspondent
MrToy
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color keyboard problems on Facebook?

You're doing nothing wrong. This is apparently a bug in the Nook Color, and has been reported elsewhere on this forum. Until a fix is released in a software update, there  is a workaround. Use the mobile vesion of Facebook at http://m.facebook.com. Reportedly that works fine with Nook Color.

Distinguished Correspondent
Globaltech
0 Kudos

well, ya didn't buy a kindle from amazon, the world's largest online retailer.

okay, just kidding there.

Tempermentalness like this has been reported.  I've experienced it here on these forums myself posting from my nookcolor. 

I find that it usually goes away if you refresh the page.

+++++++++++++++++++
¡sʞooq ɹǝʎ ,uıןɐǝʇs sɯnɹoɟ ǝɥʇ uı ǝɹɐ sǝʇɐɹıd ¡sǝou ɥo
Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

We are aware of the issue and are working on it. As a workaround:

Facebook:  try http://touch.facebook.com

Hotmail:  try http://mobile.live.com/hm

B&N Forums:  Click on the "HTML" tab when entering text.  It should let you type in.

We're working on the issue of not being able to type in certain text entry fields

New User
Teri88
0 Kudos

Browsing around, looking for the same problem I've been having with Facebook and my Nook Color - lots of posts and a few replies; found several dated from last year!   Has anyone found an answer/solution that maybe I've overlooked? 

Two weeks ago, I was able to access my facebook profile, post comments, "like" things, make status updates...etc.....via my NC.  Went on vacation last week to a land of spotty wifi  (poor to nonexistent) and now the only thing I'm able to do is view the first 'page' of postings.  When I reach the bottom of the page of posts, where you'd normally see the 'see older posts' or whatever - I get the eternal refresh circle.  I'm unable to 'like' or comment.  The keyboard feature will come up, but the letters in the status box are pale (for lack of a better word) and when I touch comment to post my blurb, it disappears. 

I've tried unlinking my account, trying to use a workaround address of facebook mobile that someone mentioned...nothing has worked.    Ideas? 

Contributor
cripplerp
0 Kudos

I was having no issues with my NC & FB, until last night.  I've been using both since december.  In fact I updated my status durring the "hurricane" on Sunday.  Monday it started acting up. 

WTF!

Reader 2
Nini12563
0 Kudos

This was posted a year ago - and now i'm having problems with my Nook...I can't answer a thread on FB..the keyboard keeps going up and then disappearing. I've cleaned my history, my cookies and my cache..what else can I do?