Contributor
trainor96
0 Kudos

Nook Color microsd card reader

I have had my nook for over a year and never used the micro sd slot until now. I put my card in at first and it was working fine and then over the past few weeks the nook wont read it. I know i put it in right and every thing, but the odd thing is it says removed sd card SD card removed. Insert a new one. I was wondering if anyone else was having these problems? Thanks!

Contributor
trainor96
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color microsd card reader

Please Reply!!!

Inspired Correspondent
DanRNJ
0 Kudos

Have you tried removing and reinserting the card?

Have you tried removing the card from the NC and checking it on a PC to see if the content is accessible?  SD cards can fail. 

Contributor
trainor96
0 Kudos

I have removed it and turned the nook off i dont have a micro sd  card reader to read it.  My main thinking was that since my charger calble went bad it is possible for the nook's sd card reader to go bad.  Any other ideas?

Contributor
trainor96
0 Kudos

Please REPLY

Inspired Correspondent
DanRNJ
0 Kudos

A bit of patience, please.  This is a forum and not an instant message board.

No offense but you say that you removed the card and shut down the NC.  You did not say whether you have restarted to NC, confirmed it was running properly, then shut it down again and inserted the card to again test it.  Did you do that?

Contributor
trainor96
0 Kudos

Yes i have done that but as i said it senses it's there and then wont let me veiw the contents and it says later on that the sd card was removed and i need to insert a new one while the card has been there the whole time.  Im just gettng frustrated because the nc is becoming junk.

Inspired Correspondent
DanRNJ
0 Kudos

Well, hardly junk if everything is working properly except this card, the status of which you are unable to proprly evaluate because you have only the NC with which to read it. 

If you live near a B&N store you might take the NC and the card there and ask for assistance.  They could try to read the card with a demo NC and there is a (very slim) chance they might have an SD card they could load into your NC to test that side of the issue.  Or do you have any friends or relatives nearby who may have a card reader you could borrow?  Testing the card outside of the Nook is the only way to confirm the cause of the issue. Is it actually with the NC or is the card defective or require reformatting.