New User
axiom633
0 Kudos

Nook Color screen flash

Bought my NookColor last week, like it a lot.

Have experienced a rather odd problem though. Normally, when the time is up, the screen will kind of gray out then go to sleep mode after a few seconds. But, sometimes, it gives a very bright flash (like a camera flash) right before graying out. This does not happen all the time, about 10-20 times last 3 days. But, I have not been able to figure out under what condition it happens, or just random.

Anyone experienced this? Just wondering whether this is an indication of screen defect.

Thanks.

Inspired Contributor
Warlock_Writer
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color screen flash

axiom633 wrote:

Bought my NookColor last week, like it a lot.

Have experienced a rather odd problem though. Normally, when the time is up, the screen will kind of gray out then go to sleep mode after a few seconds. But, sometimes, it gives a very bright flash (like a camera flash) right before graying out. This does not happen all the time, about 10-20 times last 3 days. But, I have not been able to figure out under what condition it happens, or just random.

Anyone experienced this? Just wondering whether this is an indication of screen defect.

Thanks.

I don't get it when the screen times out, but I do get it occasionally when I use the power button to blank the screen. Like you, it doesn't happen every time. I'd guess it happens about once or twice a day to me.

I've had my NC for a couple of months now, and I'm not seeing any problems wth the screen, so I'd guess it's nothing to worry about.

New User
axiom633
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color screen flash

Thanks. Good to know that it is not something deadly. My main concern was that such bright flash could shorten the life of the screen. For now, my "fix" is just lengthen the screen timeout period and hope that will reduce the stress on the light.

I have not seen that when pushing the power button though.