Contributor
ThePCTech
0 Kudos

Nook Color will NOT charge unless it is Powered OFF

I'm using the stock power brick, and nook cable; it used to charge while it was on and while I was readiing it.  And it would charge fast.  Now for some reason it will not.  I must press the power button until the turn off screen comes up, then power it off.  It will charge then, but it charges very slow.  Any one else have this problem or know what it is?  Can it be fixed?  Is it my Nook Color or the cable/power brick??

Thanks in advance

Brian

Inspired Contributor
poleng
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color will NOT charge unless it is Powered OFF

ThePCTech wrote:

I'm using the stock power brick, and nook cable; it used to charge while it was on and while I was readiing it.  And it would charge fast.  Now for some reason it will not.  I must press the power button until the turn off screen comes up, then power it off.  It will charge then, but it charges very slow.  Any one else have this problem or know what it is?  Can it be fixed?  Is it my Nook Color or the cable/power brick??

Thanks in advance

Brian

your usb cable / ac adapter could be deffective, try to hard reset your nook then see what will happen

Hard Reset:

turn off nook completely, once the nook is complete off, press the power button and the home key button at the same time for 20sec then release, then press the power button again..

B&N Bookseller
MollyO
0 Kudos

The NOOK readers are actually designed to charge when they are on. If you are having difficulties with charging, there may be an issue with your cord or your NOOKcolor itself. The best way to have this issue diagnosed is to visit a Barnes & Noble store. They can properly test both your cord and your device and assist you in the proper action to remedy what you are experiencing.

Molly - CRM2723
Contributor
ThePCTech
0 Kudos

I went to B&N today they tested my cable on one of their Nook Colors and the samw thing happened, the store manager gave me a new cable for free, she told me she would just send it back with another unit as a return.

Charging again!