New User
Hutzie
0 Kudos

Nook Color won't find home wifi after travel again

Hi,

I have my Nook Color since Christmas and it has always been connected to my home wifi. Now we were with my family for Easter and the Nook was connected to another wifi. Since we are back home it won't find the home wifi anymore, it won't even list it with available wifis.

Have tried several things already of which none worked:

I forgot all known wifis and searched for mine but it won't find it and sas it is out of range. It will however find all the other wifis my computer and iPad also have save mine.

Then I did a factory reset on my Nook thinking maybe my son played around with the Nook. Now I can't even register my Nook because it still won't find my home wifi.:smileysurprised:

Please help me!!!

Hutzie

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color won't find home wifi after travel again

As your NC finds other Wifi's, the problem is probably somehow related to your router.

- Try turning off/on your router.

- Did you perhaps hide the SSID from your router?

New User
Hutzie
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply!

I tried turning on and off the router. Nothing happened.

No, I did not change anything on the router since we left. All other devices (1 iPhone, 1 Android phone, 1 iPad and 3 laptops) find the router and all were with us in the trip.

All I can do it to try and reset the router - but I never did anything with the router, no changes ever.

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Hutzie wrote:

Thanks for your reply!

I tried turning on and off the router. Nothing happened.

No, I did not change anything on the router since we left. All other devices (1 iPhone, 1 Android phone, 1 iPad and 3 laptops) find the router and all were with us in the trip.

All I can do it to try and reset the router - but I never did anything with the router, no changes ever.

Perhaps someone near you is using the same Wifi channel? Try changing the Wifi channel number your router is using.

New User
stevek28
0 Kudos

delete all the wifi names on your nook Then they will replenish themsevels. After that you will be able to connect 

New User
Hutzie
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for responding!

How do I do delete all wifi names? I did a factory reset and am unable to re-register my Nook now, as it still won't find my home wifi.

Reader 4
njbookworm
0 Kudos

Since the latest update I cannot connect to my wifi until I broadcast my ssid.  I suggest changing your ssid to broadcast and hopefully that will solve the problem.

Frequent Contributor
whiteoakBR
0 Kudos

To delete the other networks go to the list of available WiFi networks, select each one and tell your Nook to forget them.  I have had a similar problem after traveling (and using other networks), it seems that the Nook can only "remember' a certain number of networks before it starts to forget some.  When you remove networks that you aren't using there is room to acquire the local ones again - you might have to connect and enter your password again though.  Good luck!

New User
Hutzie
0 Kudos

Thanks, I will try that later. Need to go somewhere where I can register my Nook. Maybe I'll just have breakfast at McDo*** for the hotspot...

Will let you all know. Thanks for being so helpful!