New User
niko_rock
0 Kudos

Nook color Canadian owner having problems buying books

[ Edited ]

Just received a Nook color for Christmas but I live in Canada and having problems buying books with a Canadian address please help

Bibliophile
bklvr896

Re: Nook color Canadian owner having problems buying books

niko_rock wrote:

Just received a Nook color for Christmas but I live in Canada and having problems buying books with a Canadian address please help

Not all books are available for purchase in Canada.  Look at the details of the book to see if the book you want to purchase can be purchased in Canada.  Example is this book.  Says only available in the US.

Freedom

Reader 2
doboy
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe you have to have an US Credit Card and a US address.

Hope this helps.

Doboy

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Having a Canadian billing address and CC would not preclude a customer from placing an NOOKbook order.  When you create an account on BN.com you can input a Canadian credit card with a Canadian billing address and save them as your defaults.

As was mentioned, not all NOOKbooks are available for purchase in Canada.

Contributor
dk_phoenix
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue with purchasing books on a regular nook; I'm in Canada with a Canadian address. When I look at the product details from the store page in the nook, there are no geographical restrictions listed. Then when I go to make the purchase, an error message pops up telling me I need to have a U.S. or Canadian billing address listed, which I DO. But it still won't work. Cannot figure out what the problem is and I'm very frustrated.

New User
cansav
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Canadian too and I couldn't even get the NOOk registered.  did you have any problems with that?

Inspired Correspondent
pen_name19
0 Kudos

• Other posters have complained that BN wouldn't allow NC purchases from Puerto Rico, even tho the NC docs (?all?) explicitly listed Puerto Rico as one of the U.S. territories from which purchases are definitely allowed.
  • But, after many weeks (?months?), the posters stated that purchases from Puerto Rico were finally working.
  • Perhaps there is a similar problem w/ BN and Canada? Or, in an attempt to properly address these issues, the BN software team inadvertently messed up the (previously) working Canadian situation?
  • Contributor
    gtt1
    0 Kudos

I replyed to Cansav on the Nook forum

I have registered my NC with Canadian address and Can CC. Have successfully downloaded books purchased (free ones)