Frequent Contributor
sewingladyNJ
0 Kudos

Nook color reading tools; changing font color and highlighter

on page 20 of the user guide on the nook color; it says: There are 5 tools in the reading tools menu...

then it lists the tools; next to the Text tool is states: lets you adjust the font, the font size, the FONT COLOR;

where do you do this, i don't see a drop down to change the font color; also can you change the color of hte hightlighter?

BNDavid

Re: Nook color reading tools; changing font color and highlighter

Hi,

Currently, you can change your font color from black to white by selecting Night as your background view.  Tap in the middle and select text in the context menu.  Underneath 'Normal' you will see Night.

To change the color of a highlight you have to first make the highlight and then tap that highlight to get the preferences. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

David

Frequent Contributor
sewingladyNJ
0 Kudos

thank you very much! :smileywink:

Contributor
graham1298
0 Kudos

That's great, but...Changing to night does in-fact turn the characters white; however, it does not change the page color to black, so I end up looking at a blank screen.  Can you advise what I am not doing correctly.  The specific book I am reading is the Prince by Machiavelli.

Thanks,

Robert

Frequent Contributor
pennicat
0 Kudos

Very odd - have you tried with other books to see if it works?  It has worked with all the books I've tried (which is only a handful).

Contributor
graham1298
0 Kudos

That is odd...I did download another book and the "night" version plus all other modes, i.e. Mocha, Sepia, etc. work well.  Perhaps there are some books (and I hope a minority of them) that won't convert to night or any other mode.

Thanks.

New User
Awilda17
0 Kudos

How do I change the font size on the Nook Color

New User
charles75cs
0 Kudos

how to change the font size on my nook color

New User
PrimeMover
0 Kudos

Thanks David!

New User
More-rice
0 Kudos

Whenever I tap, select, and highlight a text the default color is green. How can I change it to yellow?

How to make the yellow brigther?

Thanks!

More-rice

New User
aboutblank
0 Kudos

Agreed. This is needed, green is awful, and one can't change the default, to my knowledge. Changing the default to yel,ow would get my vote (+1). Allowing the user to change the default would be ideal, however (+1 also).
Wordsmith
mbratch
0 Kudos

graham1298 wrote:

That's great, but...Changing to night does in-fact turn the characters white; however, it does not change the page color to black, so I end up looking at a blank screen.  Can you advise what I am not doing correctly.  The specific book I am reading is the Prince by Machiavelli.

Thanks,

Robert

In general, changing to the night mode should change the background as well. In a few cases, whoever created the eBook content did so in such a way that it defies some of the NB eBook reader settings. I've had a book on occasion that wouldn't, for example, let me change the type face for some reason. "The Prince" is a free book, so perhaps try another rendition of it (there are several available) to see if there's another variant that might work.

Wordsmith
mbratch
0 Kudos

charles75cs wrote:

how to change the font size on my nook color

In a book, touch the middle of the screen some where (don't hold, just touch) and the menu will appear at the bottom of the screen. Touch the text button, then set the font size.

New User
0 Kudos

Hi, Just got my new color nook today and cannot fine Night Read selection. Nothing is showing under the Normal except 6 options of wording on page width. then says Publisher Defaults and an off or on option. Nothing to change colors or background or Night. any Ideas? thanks, kathy

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

Kathy,

make sure publisher defaults are off then tap text. That allows you to change the font, font size and background color. One of the background colors is nite mode.

2639 wrote:

Hi, Just got my new color nook today and cannot fine Night Read selection. Nothing is showing under the Normal except 6 options of wording on page width. then says Publisher Defaults and an off or on option. Nothing to change colors or background or Night. any Ideas? thanks, kathy

Reader
bunnygirl64
0 Kudos

Sorry but that doesn't really work very well since when i click on the highlight to change the color it erases the highlight. Would be better if w.e could just change the color choice BEFORE and make the change permanent.