Reader
sweaver
0 Kudos

Nook erased itself when updated

I sideloaded the update on Monday...everything was working great...fast forward to tonight when I was ready to start reading something and noticed that my wallpaper (which I stupidly didn't save anywhere else except the nook!) was replaced with the traditional "nook" wallpaper....then all my books were missing.

The nook had reformatted itself! It still claims to be 1.2 software, but huh? Why is it doing this?

Granted, I didn't really lose anything because all the books were on file on bn.com (although I did lose my wallpaper because I didn't have a SD card backup) but now I have to download my 60+ books all over again?! What is going to prevent this from happening again?

Anyone else have this problem, or am I the only "lucky" one?

Inspired Correspondent
Niteryder
0 Kudos

Re: Nook erased itself when updated

Yes I did, all my books and magazines showed up on my NC, but many had to be re-downloaded. Then I got several past issues of magazines that appeared, then disappeared almost immediately, very strange.

"Keep me, Protect me, Share me, and I Will Live Forever"
From the Kodak Gallery, A powerful & Moving Commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWwqAI6x9A
New User
DSMJWK
0 Kudos

Ok, I went to turn on my nook after the weekend of being off, and it went to the regestration page... I had to re-regester it!!? and none of my books are on it OR the website... I'm very frustrated
Inspired Scribe
kamas716

DSMJWK wrote:
Ok, I went to turn on my nook after the weekend of being off, and it went to the regestration page... I had to re-regester it!!? and none of my books are on it OR the website... I'm very frustrated

Are you sure you registered to the correct account?  If the stuff is missing from your account when you look online you need to contact customer service.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

What kamas716 said.

you wrote:  none of my books are on it OR the website... I'm very frustrated

That's sort of unlikely.

Books you buy are in your account - regardless of whether you deregister and re-register or not.

Are you sure it's the same login?