Contributor
S_Kizer
0 Kudos

NookColor Power cord fell apart

Last night I removed the usb power cord from my Nook and it fell apart. The black casing around the electronic components popped open and then the electronic connections all broke. So this Morning I called BN Tech support and they were GREAT. They are sending me a new one. Unfortunately, he also said NOT to use and compatible USB cords. that it may cause more problems down the road.

Contributor
GoochPuppy
0 Kudos

Re: NookColor Power cord fell apart

Do you still have the old / broken cable and all its parts?

Can I pay you to send it to me?

I want to diagnose the power connections on this cable, since it is slightly non-standard.

...GB.

Contributor
S_Kizer
0 Kudos

I still have it, but I dont know if they will want me to send old one back.

Frequent Contributor
lizPA
0 Kudos

Mine fell apart a few weeks ago.  I called tech support a few times and never received the one they sent (supposedly overnighting it at one point).  I went to the store and they gave me a new one with no questions asked.  So if you have the same problem, I recommend going into a BN store.  The guy I spoke to here in Philly was super nice about it.

Contributor
GoochPuppy
0 Kudos

OK... Please keep me in mind if you get to keep it; it really is the best way for me to find this spare part to play with... :smileyhappy:

GoochPuppy wrote:

I want to diagnose the power connections on this cable, since it is slightly non-standard.

...GB.

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

@GoochPuppy...you could get a cpl ends(female USB & female micro) Start by plugin into wallwart then chk with meter to id the extra pwr pins. Is it just curiosity or will your findings lead to Something?
Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Inspired Wordsmith
donc13
0 Kudos

GoochPuppy wrote:

...GB.

The NC cable is available in stores for $15.

---------
Don
Contributor
RagdollLover
0 Kudos

NEW NookColor power cord not recognized by PC

HI,

I agree. I called BN and they sent me another cord.  Got it within 5 business days.  There is only one MAJOR PROBLEM that am having with it.  I can charge my NC...that works great, but when I insert the USB cord into my computer to move pics over...and more inportantly to manually upgrade... my computer does not recognize the NC.  When I dig deeper into the computer (device manager) guts I see that the USB is showing as two separate drives:  E and F.  Rebooted everything thing; tried did USB ports...still nothing.  I've been e-mailing tech but we still have not resolved.  Any one out there had this problem and resolved it?

Correspondent
cybersmoke53
0 Kudos

Re: NEW NookColor power cord not recognized by PC

I've done exact same thing.  Your nook has to be awake and logged in by swiping the little green nook icon on the front for your PC to finish recognizing the NookColor.   You should see the USB active come on the Nook and your PC should show the two drives as MyNookColor and if installed a drive that represents your SD card. After this it won't matter if the screen goes asleep - the usb will be active until you eject each drive and remove safely.

New User
magsga
0 Kudos

My NookColor power cord also fell apart. I am going to the B&N store today to try to get a replacement. I would be glad to send the old broken pieces to you if they do not make me give them the old one...

Contributor
alynne84
0 Kudos

Mine fell apart as well, I called customer service and they sent me a new one right away, unfortunately they sent me the wron part.  I think it was a miscommunication problem, I am goingto call and get the right part this afternoon.

I'll send you my broken one if you like.