New User
Serenity1
0 Kudos

NookColor Purple Screen

Hi,

I just opened my NookColor yesterday and I began downloading stuff last night and I begun surfing around today. However, I was in the picture gallery and I pressed something in the picture gallery and it was like a video symbol but it took me to a purple screen. When I try to go back to the apps or web or whatever, it wouldn't! I could turn off/on my Nookcolor and I could wake it up and my volume works also, but it goes back to the purple screen and I can't use the Navigation Bar. I've been trying and trying to go back to the Navigation Bar, it wouldn't and I'm charging it right now to see if that helps, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone had this problem with the purple screen?

Wordsmith
Melissa19
0 Kudos

Re: NookColor Purple Screen

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I haven't seen a purple screen before. A reboot would be the first thing to try. Make sure that your NC is powered all the way off and not just sleeping. Hold down power button until pop up asks to power off. Then turn back on. When your NC starts up you should be on your home screen after you wake it up. There is a Kate NC video in the gallery. Videos have an arrow in the middle. Maybe it was paused at some point in the video. If your navigation bar (tap arrow above n) does not show up, then a hard reset would be the next step. This is done by turning off NC and then holding down power and n for about 20 seconds. This should bring up reset window. Hope this helps.
Melissa19
Inspired Bibliophile
Schwa
0 Kudos

Melissa19 wrote:
 then a hard reset would be the next step. This is done by turning off NC and then holding down power and n for about 20 seconds. This should bring up reset window. Hope this helps.

Quoting for emphasis.  You just got your NC and most poeple don't know that tapping the power button does NOT turn the device off, it just puts it to sleep.  NORMALLY, holding the power down for 3 seconds will bring up an on screen prompt to shut down.  You, however will not be able to interact.

Performing the hard reset, as described by Melissa, is basicaly just a power cycle without having to interact with the screen.

I hope melissa's suggestion helps, and hope I help you understand the why.   If your video still glitches, I would take it back to a store.

Wordsmith
Melissa19
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification Schwa! :smileyhappy:
Melissa19