Frequent Contributor
kellar
0 Kudos

NookColor---Screen flashes, then nothing. It wasn't a painless death....

The screen flashed brightly a few times, then was fine for a few seconds.  It dimmed, then flashed dimly several times, then blackness, and nothing.  The battery was fully charged, so it wasn't in need of an ac fix.  I hit the power button and it came up one more time for a second.  Flashed brightly and was gone. 

It won't boot up at all now.

I've had 6 weeks of NC bliss, but it died sooner than I expected. 

Here we go with the replacement dance. 

Unless someone knows how to fix this problem, I'll have to exchange it tomorrow.

Frequent Contributor
kellar
0 Kudos

Re: NookColor---Screen flashes, then nothing. It wasn't a painless death....

I tried many troubleshooting options from this board and others and nothing worked with resets and such.  Tried two different charger cords, and same deadness.

I plugged it in again a while ago and got a bunch of bright screen flashes, then a very dim screen, and then the normal display.  The Home Page ebooks were there, but with no covers.  Odd for NookBooks.

I went into settings and reset it and will see how it behaves the rest of the day before I return it.

Wordsmith
mbratch
0 Kudos

If I reboot my NC, it will sometimes lose the covers on the home B&N books. But if I touch them and move them around a little, the cover comes back. Weird.

Inspired Contributor
Atomant
0 Kudos

mbratch wrote:

If I reboot my NC, it will sometimes lose the covers on the home B&N books. But if I touch them and move them around a little, the cover comes back. Weird.

Same Here.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@kellar,

I have sent you a Private Message...FYI.

Frequent Contributor
kellar
0 Kudos

Re: NookColor---Update on Screen flashes

I posted a new message.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-Technical-Support/NookColor-screen-flashes-and-free...

I don't know whether it's the SD card or cables.  I've tried different types of sd, and two different cables.

Still having strange issues.