New User
timolad
0 Kudos

NookColor can't connect to WRT120N wireless router

I got my nookcolor yesterday and the only way I have been able to connect to the wi-fi is if I disable security on the router.  My router is set to WPA2 Personal.  I have tried turning on MAC filtering and adding the Nook Mac address.  I have tried adding the MAC address into the DHCP reservations.  I have rebooted both the router and the NookColor.  I also saw somewhere that the router password has to be at least 8 characters so I changed mine to 8 characters.  My router SSID is not the default.  Any other suggestions?

I called Custome Support and all they could tell me was it was probably my router.

New User
nooky1
0 Kudos

Re: NookColor can't connect to WRT120N wireless router

If your router is an 'N' router the Nook or Nook Color will not work well.   Change the router to support 802.11g only.  Both my Nook 3g and Nook Color works just fine now.  If you need 'N' you may want to consider a dual band router.

Hope this helps.

Frequent Contributor
Phoenix2637
0 Kudos

have you tried updating your NOOKcolor's firmware to the latest version?

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

While the Nook prefers the g protocol, the nookcolor is n compatible, it's in the specs.

Tim,  you were on the right track with WPA2 Personal - but the encryption should be AES not TKIP, check which one you are using.

You may find information concerning your router in this thread that lists compatible routers and settings.

New User
timolad
0 Kudos

My NookColor is at verion 1.0.1.  I downloaded version 1.1.0 and copied it to my NC but it never loaded.  I'm thinking I might go to the local BN store tonight and see if they can help me.

New User
timolad
0 Kudos

I have tried changing the encryption to AES, changing the protocol to G (and GB and auto); also tried changing to WEP, still doesn't connect.

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

You might try "forgetting" the connection in the Nook and cycle power on both the Nook and the router. I suggest this after each change you make. Pain in the A$$ but it saves thinking your change failed when a reboot was needed to make the change take.  Hope this makes sence/helps    :smileyhappy:

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown