New User
Ancient_Language
0 Kudos

NookColor keyboard problem

[ Edited ]

I just got a NookColor for Christmas and yesterday I found out that the top keys on the keyboard (qwertyuiop) and that general area (includes the search bar) does not work and I cannot scroll using that area. Is there any way to fix this?

Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

Re: NookColor keyboard problem

Have you tried a full power down and restart?  Press and hold the power button until the screen goes black.  Then release the buttom and press and hold it again to restart.

New User
Ancient_Language
0 Kudos

I'm afraid that did not work. Is there anything else I can try?

Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

The next thing I would try is the Erase and Deregister via Settings - Devicer Info.  This will wipe off everything and restore to factory settings.  You will then need to reregister.

If that fails, then I would return the unit to a B&N store and show them the problem.  You likely will need a replacement.

Sorry to hear you're having this problem.  I hope you can get it resolved. I've had my NC over a year and would do whatever is necessary to get it working properly if it was broken.

New User
Ancient_Language
0 Kudos

Tahnk you for your advice and I will definetely call BN when i can to see about a replacement. Hopefully I will not the same problem with the replacement.