Contributor
bookangel19
0 Kudos

Ordered E-book and won't download!!

I got my NookColor Today :smileyhappy: 

I ordered a book...I hit download (I am doing from my home computer). It says "It does not recognize the Adobe Reader either because it is not supported or is damaged"

What do I do now?

It will not show up on my Nook..

I just had the idea the purchase on my computer (with ap to Nook on PC) and than read on my Nook...I guess it was a bad idea :smileysad:

Need help ASAP please.

Bookangel

New User
RacingNut
0 Kudos

Re: Ordered E-book and won't download!!

Hi; I'm having a similar problem.  Purchased my NC a couple days ago.  Purchased a book online using another computer (not the NC) expecting to receive the book on the NC.  In my account online the new book and a couple other freebies from B&N that are available for download show up. I know WiFi is working because I can browse online and surf the web etc. but the purchased book has not appeared.

The error you mentioned might be your computer attempting to open the book rather than saving it.  I think we may have to download/save the books we bought and manually transfer them to the NookColor!  Anybody have other tips?  Thanks

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Adobe Digital Editions isn't used for books purchased at B&N. For those, simply turn on wi-fi, go to your B&N Library screen and tap the sync button. They will then also show up among the first books on the Daily Shelf at the bottom of the Home screen. The  Daily Shelf has room for 50 books, as new books are added, the ones to the far right drop off.

Also, only books purchased through B&N appear on the Daily Shelf. You cannot put sideloaded books on it.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

As Desert_Brant explained, the daily shelf is the main "Nooktop" you see wnen you push the raised n button.

The library shelf is the view you see when you tap the lighted upside down n. That's where the sync button is (2 circling arrows). Your B&N purchased book will show up there. Your sideloaded books from other vendors will apear in the "my files" folder. If they are DRM'd books that require sideloading through Adobe Digital Editions (Sony,Books on Board,Borders,Fictionwise,or library books), they will be found in the Digital Editions folder.

You can add the side loaded books and all B&N books to "My Shelves" in your library, so you can see all books together.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Reader 4
kraniumman
0 Kudos

I had the same problem; ordered a book last night and did not recieve it. Tried to sync but did not work.  What worked was performing a soft reset.  I basically turned off the nook (not let it go to sleep), turned it back on and the book was there for me.  Hope this helps.

Contributor
LiaCarmella
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

bookangel19 wrote:

I got my NookColor Today :smileyhappy: 

I ordered a book...I hit download (I am doing from my home computer). It says "It does not recognize the Adobe Reader either because it is not supported or is damaged"

What do I do now?

It will not show up on my Nook..

I just had the idea the purchase on my computer (with ap to Nook on PC) and than read on my Nook...I guess it was a bad idea :smileysad:

Need help ASAP please.

Bookangel

- Hi there! Congratulations with you new NC:smileyhappy:
- If you have wifi connection on your location all you have to do is to tap the synch button that could be seen on the lower left side on the NC library.  
- If the book is still not there try to archive the book on your BN library and then move to library afterwards. then tap the synch button again
- If it will still not work, the last option is to deregister device by going to Settings > Device Info > Erase and Deregister device. 
These would normally solve the issue. Please update us on what will happen.
- You can't read the book that you downloaded from the website. the reason why it has a download option there if you dont have wifi connection. you can manually transfer the book from the pc to the NC itself. And ADE is largely for public library books only or books that are not from BN. 
- Hope it helps.
- Jack