New User
pairis2
0 Kudos

Password

How do I change my NOOK password? Actually.... I don't remember what it was. What to do?  Thanks

Frequent Contributor
Bluepen61

Re: Password

pairis2 wrote:

How do I change my NOOK password? Actually.... I don't remember what it was. What to do?  Thanks

Assuming you mean the 4 digit passcode to get into your NookColor, you need to do this:

(from another post, way back:smileyhappy:

The following procedure details the process to Hard Reset your NOOKcolor device. Doing so will perform a factory reset of the NOOKcolor which de-registers your device as well as erases all local content such as contacts, sideloaded documents, personal information, 4 digit passcodes, etc.

1.Ensure your NOOKcolor is powered off; to do so, depress the power button for 5 seconds. Your LCD screen should turn off

2.With your NOOKcolor powered off, Hold the Home Key (NOOK “n,” logo below the LCD), while simultaneously depressing the Power Button for up to 25 seconds.

3. Your NOOKcolor will begin the start up process, Do NOT let go until a confirmation window appears asking if you would like to, “Factory Reset Your Device?” This will De-Register as well as erase all content and information on your NOOKcolor (Including the 4 Digit Pass-code

4. Depress the Home Key to continue with the Factory Reset

5. Depress the Home Key again to Confirm

6. Your device will now begin the clearing process. Upon completion you will regain access to your NOOKcolor however all account and personal information (email, contacts, pass-code, credit card, etc..) will be deleted from your device. You will then be able to Re-Register your NOOKcolor and start anew

Not all who wander are lost. ---J. R. R. Tolkien
Nook HD 8 GB, Stock Root and Other Mods
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Password

You can also call up customer service and have them walk you through it.