Contributor
suayres
0 Kudos

Plugging charge cord into my nook color getting harder every day!

This is actually the 2nd charge cord, 1st was replaced because it no longer charged, but this one has become more & more difficult to plug into the device. I don't want to force it, but I can't charge if it doesn't plug in. What am I supposed to do? I'm taking it to my store tomorrow, but I suspect the problem is a poor design....I love my nook, don't love this design issue!
Correspondent
susgod
0 Kudos

Re: Plugging charge cord into my nook color getting harder every day!

My 1st power cord was replaced within the first two weeks. The metal part that goes into the nook was wiggling loose. The 2nd cord has always been difficult to attach. I need to make several attempts every time I try to attach the cord. In my opinion, the cord is a very poor design.

I have never had this problem with any non-Nook device. B&N may want to sell more proprietary cords, but this is carrying planned obsolescence too far.

Contributor
suayres
0 Kudos

I have to agree. I have an iPhone & iPad, and the design of the connectors for them is just brilliant. The designers of nook should take a note....
New User
sarasota
0 Kudos

The power adapter cord for my CN broke in similar manner as others. Went to BestBuy, bought a replacement, fits perfect -  but it doesn't charge.

Looks like the issue maybe that the power adapter I bought is for the Nook and not the Color Nook. Does anyone know?

Contributor
suayres
0 Kudos

Yes, the cord for the color nook IS different than the one for a b&w nook (I know that because we have one of each). The nook color cord has a larger transformer--I don't know if one draws and/or puts out more power than the other, but in any case, they do tell you in the literature which comes with your nook NOT to use the cord for one on the other unit.
Contributor
suayres
0 Kudos

After asking my electronically savvy husband to verify, I now know that the nook color draws more power than the b&w nook. So, don't sub one for the other!
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Yes....the cord is poorly designed. Very difficult to insert. I am always on edge that I will push too hard and damage something.