Contributor
Redfish1
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Pre ordered book won't download

I'm a big Doc Ford fan and I pre ordered the new book in January.  The book came out today and I received an email from B&N stating that the book is now ready to download.  But, when I clicked on the icon, all I got was the book details.  I also tried going to my library and hitting the "refresh" button at the bottom of the page-no dice!  I've done this a dozen times, but for some reason I can't seem to get my book. 

Any ideas?

Frequent Contributor
whiteoakBR
0 Kudos

Re: Pre ordered book won't download

Sometimes re-booting will do it, sometimes you need to archive and unarchive the book (seems silly since the book doesn't seem to be on your Nook yet but it works).  The last time I had this happen (last week) I removed the icon from my home screen, went to the library and then synced the library. Other times I have had to re-boot to get the download to occur.  Good luck!

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Archive book, sync, unarchive book has always worked for me.

Contributor
Redfish1
0 Kudos

I archived, unarchived, and synced.  I also realized that I didn't update to 1.4.2, although I don't know if that mattered.  Success!!  Thanks to all!!

Contributor
cynthiaellen

NONE of my pre-ordered books download properly (on my HD+ and my husband's HD+). But I always get charged the day they come out. No amount of shutting down, syncing, archiving or any other suggestion helps. I want my books to be downloaded into my library on the way to work. I do not have the time for all these shannigans and do not have access at work. What is wrong with asking for my book to be there when it is supposed to be. No more pre-orders for me until B&N can straighten this out once and for all.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Are you saying they aren't available the very first day of availability OR they are not available ever.

The archive and unarchive method should work. There might be a window during the very first day of launch where the book just isn't available to download.

Correspondent
Wulfraed

First day availability may also be affectrd by server load -- lots of download attempts all starting at the same time.

Baron Wulfraed
Contributor
Zeeelicious
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Not able to archive a pre ordered book on nook hd+ soow can I read my pre ordered book now?

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener

You can archive books on the HD devices. Unless you are super coordinated, it takes two hands though.

Go to your Library, select the caret thing so your books are displayed BELOW the books option. You need to press on the book in question and the volume up button at the same time and you will get a full set of options, including Archive. Make sure wifi is on before you do this. Then unarchive it and see if it will work.

Contributor
Zeeelicious
0 Kudos

WHAT? I need to do ALL that just to archive a book?  What happened to long pressing the book cover?  That works with the ipad app so why not on the nook HD itself?

WEIRD

New User
bookgeek20
0 Kudos

Thank you for he help it worked :smileyvery-happy: