New User
Dawtie
0 Kudos

Screen no longer "flips"

Recent issue, as in within the last weekend. I can't flip it no matter how I turn, nudge, or twist it. I'm entirely update and safely disconnect from the computer always. It's rather troubling when my .PDF files are too large to read as a portrait and web pages are too wide (also when in portrait).

Anyone else encounter any similar issues? Fixes?

Frequent Contributor
MrsSS
0 Kudos

Re: Screen no longer "flips"

Have you checked to make sure your settings are still set to flip?

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

I cannot get pdf's to rotate either.  Settings are correct, works with other content.

Contributor
Plankter
0 Kudos

I had this problem with magazines - turns out my orientation toggle was off. (Does this mean I'm disoriented? hmmm.... )

Anyhow, it was after the 1.0.1 download, so I'm wondering if that's what reset it? I didn't do it from the screen.

It's fixed now, though!

Plankter

Wordsmith
mbratch
0 Kudos

I would suggest resetting the unit to see if that clears up the issue. Press and hold the power button for several seconds until you're prompted for shutdown, then touch the affirmative response. Wait for shut down, then press and hold power to turn it back on.

New User
Dawtie
0 Kudos

MrsSS wrote:

xDD This fixed it. Not sure how it turned off, or that there was even such a setting. Thanks, though.

Frequent Contributor
MrsSS
0 Kudos

Dawtie wrote:

MrsSS wrote:

xDD This fixed it. Not sure how it turned off, or that there was even such a setting. Thanks, though.

You're welcome :smileyhappy:  

Contributor
goose49
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the info.  I turned it off as you suggested and now turned it back on.  It is rotating again!