Reader
sflesch
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Sharing books between Stock Nook Color OS and CM7/CM9?

Does anyone know if this is possible? Preferably by keeping all books in one location either on the Nook or on the SD card. I would also like Overdrive to be able to read the location if possible...maybe even Kndle app?

Contributor
MDmom23
0 Kudos

Re: Sharing books between Stock Nook Color OS and CM7/CM9?

[ Edited ]

Using CM7 there really shouldn't be any need to boot into Nook stock unless you want to.  What I found was best was transferring any books on Nook stock to the Nook app on the android side, thus never needing to boot into nook stock ever again.  That being said, No, the nook stock side cannot see the CM7 side and vice versa.  You cannot share directly either direction.

Regarding Kindle and Overdrive, what are you trying to accomplish?  I can probably help if you could be more specific.  If you want Overdrive to find books on the Nook side, it's not possible and, I think, not desireable.  Use the Overdrive app on the android side and just get books through the app.  I know it's a really odd concept to purchase a Nook and then not use it as a Nook, but as I'm sure you've realized with CM7, you can do nearly EVERYTHING you can think of on the android side...except see the nook side :smileyhappy:

Reader
sflesch
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I think what started it was trying to get the free kids books on CM7. The free one (How the elephant got it's trunk) that comes with the Nook and the dinosaur one they have up there now. I am also curious now if regular purchases will show in the Nook app on CM7. Oh, and the Nook stock OS seems to perform better and more smoothly during page turns and such.
Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

sflesch wrote:
I think what started it was trying to get the free kids books on CM7. The free one (How the elephant got it's trunk) that comes with the Nook and the dinosaur one they have up there now. I am also curious now if regular purchases will show in the Nook app on CM7. Oh, and the Nook stock OS seems to perform better and more smoothly during page turns and such.

Nope on B&N content and enhanced childrens books on the CM7 side. As have books on B&N side and CM7 will not see them. I probably could with File explore app browse and find epubs and open with Aldiko reader app but haven't bothered.

But a No to B&N Apps or Enhanced Conent ebooks & Magazines,Newspapers,etc..

At least have the option to boot to either side is a nice but not perfect workaround.

Other but haven't tried myself is the B&N Nook reader app installed on the CM7 side and trying that.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Reader 2
humblebyHim
0 Kudos

You can see the books for the Nook side, if you download Dropbox on the CM7 side.
Nookcolor- hoping for software upgrads eink and immersion reading
Reader
sflesch
0 Kudos

Not a bad idea, I use Dropbox all the time. Can you point each of the apps to DropBox though?

I thought I would do more reading, but it didn't turn out that way. I was more hoping for my son to be able top read the enhanced content books on Android.

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Nope enhanced books I think are out on CM7 side? Unless you use the B&N app for them?

But don't know if enhanced even works in B&N app? More research required.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

The B&N App for Android won't work for enhanced titles, at least not the current version. It also won't work for a number of enhanced magazine titles (e.g. Conde Nast's Wired Magazine). If you need books with the read-to-me feature, or want to use B&N's free in-store reading, you need the B&N firmware.

There are some tricks to make the B&N partition visible from CM7, but it doesn't work out of the box.