Frequent Contributor
Dec17
0 Kudos

Shelves ?

I've created several different shelves to accomodate my books.  However, the shelves don't appear to be locked.  I'll have for example, a shelf for "classics', but after going in to save the appropriate books, the shelf will have the classics, but also a book from another shelf.  It seems to have migrated into the classics.  Or a children's book is on the library book shelf.  It's not checked off within that list, but shows up anyway.

This happens across all my shelves, when a book that is not checked off on the list to be saved to that shelf, ends up in the wrong shelf.

I am saving each shelf list first, but something is not right!

Does anyone have any ideas as to whey this is happening?

Inspired Correspondent
pen_name19
0 Kudos

Re: Shelves ?

Dec17 wrote:

I've created several different shelves to accomodate my books.  However, the shelves don't appear to be locked.  I'll have for example, a shelf for "classics', but after going in to save the appropriate books, the shelf will have the classics, but also a book from another shelf.  It seems to have migrated into the classics.  Or a children's book is on the library book shelf.  It's not checked off within that list, but shows up anyway.

This happens across all my shelves, when a book that is not checked off on the list to be saved to that shelf, ends up in the wrong shelf.

I am saving each shelf list first, but something is not right!

Does anyone have any ideas as to whey this is happening?

This might not be the same thing that you're seeing....
    Sometimes, will see on a shelf, the wrong book. The first few times this happened, would move it to the correct shelf, then look for the missing book, and move that back to the correct shelf.
    Eventually noticed -- the book on the shelf *was* the right book, but the image was wrong. Would scroll the shelves windows up and down a bit a few times, and the image would automatically correct itself.
    This still happens. I just don't worry about it anymore. Hope it'll be fixed when the update comes in mid-May.
-- bye
Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

The image that tends to migrate is the first book on your first shelf. When you see it on a lower shelf, just keep scrolling by, then return; the right image should then appear.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Distinguished Correspondent
likemynook
0 Kudos

Correct.  It is not that the wrong book is on the shelf, just the wrong image.  If you open that book with the wrong image, it will frequently fix itself.  I have had this problem from day one and hope this glitch is fixed with the update!

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

DITTO on first image from first shelf showing up elsewhere. Good to know it is happening to lots of others. Just learned as I'm posting from my NC, to choose HTML to get keyboard to appear so I can post here.
Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

DITTO on first image from first shelf showing up elsewhere. Good to know it is happening to lots of others. Just learned as I'm posting from my NC, to choose HTML to get keyboard to appear so I can post here.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Same here, it's not the book but the cover image from your first shelved ebook.  For some reason it tends to carry over until you scroll down and then back up.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.