Contributor
VileZero
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Sorry, No Results Were Found - Error Message

Hi,

I have a Nook Color that I very much love, but searching the online store sometimes doesn't work too well. After a few searches, it's like it simply gives up. I'll search for a book or an author, and after searching, it will show the number of results in parantheses, but then tells me, "Sorry, no results were found." For example, I just searched "Tom Clancy." After clicking search, I got, "Tom Clancy (90) Sorry, no results were found." This isn't a wireless issue or connectivity issue, I'm already sure of that.

Changing the options to display books in alphabetical order and by best selling did not fix this problem. The only thing that fixes this is to turn the Nook Color off and then turn it back on. After doing that, the Tom Clancy books showed up just fine. And yet after two more searches, again the Nook Color is telling me that no search results are found for my searches.

Is this a known issue? Is there some sort of simple solution to this? I've searched here on the forum but haven't had any luck finding anything.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Reader
Galaxy_Storme
0 Kudos

Re: Sorry, No Results Were Found - Error Message

I am having the same bleeding issues!  This new update has major issues, in my opinion.  I love my Nook, but somethings B&N does to "improve" only sets it back.  I suppose that is in par with any programmable device.

I will be checking back, but thanks Vile for posting this issue first.

Galaxy

Contributor
VileZero
0 Kudos

Glad to know I'm not the only one! I was starting to get a little worried. For what it's worth, this has been an issue with me since before the new update. In fact, it first happened after I had originally set my Nook Color up and connected it online. The store was showing that I had results, but telling me that there were no results found. It's an odd sort of error, because it's stopping me from accessing the store - something you'd think that Barnes and Noble would like me to access without any problems! :smileylol:

I'll hold out hope that others have a similar problem, or that a simple solution exists. Bring on those solutions!

Correspondent
Yatta99
0 Kudos

It's not just a problem with browsing the store with the NC, I just had it happen on my computer. Was browsing the app store (selected all apps; under $10) and was on page 39 of 93 (near the end of the .99 apps) and started getting that same error message.

Maybe this 'Powered by Lithium' website needs a 'recharge'. OH, wait! We can't recharge it. The power cord is broken again :smileytongue: Or, as randomly chaotic as it can be, maybe it should be taking the lithium instead :smileyfrustrated:

Contributor
VileZero
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

^ That's pretty interesting! I haven't had that issue here on the site.

Something I did notice with my Nook Color problem tonight. I searched for a book without any problems, and bought it. When I searched a second book, I got the error again. Before I restarted the Nook Color (I eventually did, and then the book showed up without a problem), I tried searching a different book. Again, no results found even though the Nook indicated that several results were found. But I noticed that the Nook Color didn't save my search. The book I had searched for without any problems showed up in the search bar, but once the Nook started giving me the "Sorry, No Results Were Found" message, the Nook doesn't record those searches.

Didn't know if that's something worth pointing out, but I figure what the heck - why not mention it. I'm going to swing by a local Barnes & Noble tomorrow and see what they tell me. I'll be sure to post back what they tell me.

Contributor
VileZero
0 Kudos

When I went to the Barnes & Noble today, the person working at the Nook section seemed to know exactly what my problem was. She said that B&N is aware of it, and it's being looked into right now. For the moment, B&N is inclined to believe it's a software glitch. She was instructed to perform a hard reset on my Nook Color, and - so far - I haven't had any trouble accessing the store and searching for books.

She told me that my Nook is also still under warranty, so if it turns out that the hard reset doesn't fix the problem, to bring it back to get it replaced. So for those suffering this problem, try the hard reset. I guess having to redownload everything can be kind of a pain, but it wasn't too bad.

Hope this helps others!

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Is this something that popped up, again?  Or, is it the same old problem from months ago that still hasn't been resolved?  This same problem of searching for a book/author on the device and saying there was no results is something that used to happen on my NST, my wife's NT and my mother-in-law's NC around Christmas time.  There were even some threads on it.  It appears it's some sort of recurring problem if it isn't the same one that hasn't been fixed.  I just search off the website anymore as I haven't had a problem there.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Color-General-Discussion/Search-Issue/m-p/1234450/highli...

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Tablet-Support/The-search-feature/m-p/1270857/highlight/...

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-First-Edition-Technical/Search-problems/m-p/770260/highl...

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
New User
-shimmer-
0 Kudos

I am having a similar problem with  my Nook (1st edition): my wishlist is empty and it says No Results Found. I just off of chat with B&N and they told me that the wish list is device-specific meaning that if I save it online it's not on my Nook and vice versa. That's a load of crap because that is how I do it 90% of the time. I kept telling her it didn't used to be that way, and she kept insisting otherwise. I told her it had to be a recent change, and if it was true then it was a ridiculous change! Kindle is looking better after "chatting" with "Francis" :smileysad:

New User
-shimmer-
0 Kudos

Sorry, I didn't realize this was Nook Color support. It may be that wish lists function differently on Nook Color than my 1st edition?...I don't know, but anyway, apologies for posting in the wrong area, but this poppedup duringmy search for answers.