New User
Jesabele

Sorting books in the nook color

Is there any way to sort books on the Nook Color besides by author or title?  I have over 1000 books organized & tagged in Calibre -- I can't imagine recreating that by hand on the Nook.  What have I missed?

Inspired Correspondent
DanRNJ
0 Kudos

Re: Sorting books in the nook color

Are you using the Shelves functionality of the NC?

New User
Jesabele
0 Kudos

I have started to, but scrolling through 2000+ books is extraordinarily tedious.  I've already got them tagged & ordered by series -- can't the nook take advantage of that?  The horribly old sony ereader  I had could -- there's got to be a way to make this really pretty & new tablet-like thingie do it.

Contributor
fozzishg
0 Kudos

This is the biggest fail of all for the Nook Color.  They need to have tagging, I need to easily sort books.  I cannot tell which books have which tags/shelves quickly and easily.  I do not mind doing this offline and porting it in but it is horrible!  I want to scream everytime I go looking through my books because when I download them, they do not bring information about their genre, if they are part of a series, etc. I can only sort by author and load date. SO Disappointed with that aspect.

I love reading on my Nook, just not figuring out what I have, what I have read, and what to read next.

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Are you familiar with Calibre?  compulsivereader brought it to people's attention in the HD support pages that it has a catalogue feature.  See this thread: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-HD-HD-Support/My-shelving-solution/td-p/1422506

The long and short of the thread is this:

Download Nook for PC, then download all your books.

Download any other books you have purchased elsewhere.

Download Calibre.  Import all your books into Calibre (You may want to do this one store at a time to help keep your shelves/tags straight.)

You can let calibre import all the metadata for you if you want. (Though have found some of the metadata to be useless this way --- some authors tend to get a little carried away.) 

So clean up or set your own tags. (There is a series setting, etc.)

Then you create a catalogue of your own books (haven't tried it on an NC, but as it's an epub file, don't see why it wouldn't open.)

Sideload the catalogue (and any books purchased elsewhere) onto your NC. 

You might have to create a couple of catalogues to get the catagories/tags to what you want them to be.  The most time consuming part is importing the metadata and cleaning it up (depending on the size of your library.)  Then just periodically update and sideload the catalogue to your NC

Hope that helps!