Inspired Correspondent
RLS_Portland
0 Kudos

Sticky USB connection?

[ Edited ]

Does anyone else have trouble plugging / unplugging the mini-USB connector into the NOOKcolor? If there's a trick, let me know -- I find it takes three or four tries before my NC is firmly  connected.

If I need to exchange the original USB connection cords, do I take this back to the B&N store where it was purchased?

Inspired Wordsmith
donc13
0 Kudos

Re: Sticky USB connection?

That's typical for a microUSB connector.   But...I now am at the point where I can plug it in to charge overnight...in the dark!    I read at night, before I go to sleep, and keep the lights out so I don't disturb my wife.....when done reading and the battery is low...I plug it in 'by feel' and let it charge overnight.

---------
Don
Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

Some people have reported similar problems.  In some cases, it became easier to connect with use.  Others have had it replaced at their local B&N. 

Reader
kcarrol2
0 Kudos

"Others have had it replaced at their local B&N. "

Got a replacement what, microusb?

Ours worked fine but now one won't allow a connection- could I get a replacement microusb at my local b&N or do I need to do something online?

K

Wordsmith
mbratch
0 Kudos

Mine was a bit stiff at first. It seems to have loosened up a little, but still requires a little extra force. It's not to the point where I'm concerned about it. I'd rather have it be firmly connected than too loose. :smileyhappy:

Interestingly, I find the headphone connector very tight. I almost damaged one of my headset connectors trying to pull it out (the sheath around the actual metal connector almost pulled apart when I was trying to pull it out).

Reader 2
BeeBeasley
0 Kudos

I have the same problem it annoys me to no end.  Now after having the device for 6 weeks the cord nearest the device micro end is fraying and separating from the casing so I need a new power cord.  Not sure where I should go to replace this part of the device.  I have to place it just so in order to get the charge going on the device. 

Reader
kcarrol2
0 Kudos

Mine is more like it was finicky and now unless I'd try what I call excessive force, it doesn't even go on anymore. I just can't tell if it is the microusb or the nook itself.

Inspired Contributor
withfeeling
0 Kudos

I'd say that any cable that is failing after 6 weeks is defective. I'd talk to B&N about a warranty replacement.

Inspired Correspondent
RLS_Portland
0 Kudos

As suggested, mine has gotten easier to attach over time. No problems with connections, etc.

Thanks for the help, all!