New User
HckrAdm2005
0 Kudos

Touch screen not being responsive when trying to highlight and type

When i'm trying to highlight with my nook color a fair amount of time (specially when i'm on the edges of a page trying to highlight) the "word Selection" doesn't appear. And when it does increasing the ammount of words i am highlighting in frustration because it will only move partialy the way down to were i moved my finger. When it even follows my finger hitting the highlight button sometimes doesn't work either and then the nook color will loose/deselect all the words I highlighted.

Also when i'm typing in notes or in a web browser the screen is not registering the keys i'm pressing and sometimes when i press the letter twice (with a few seconds inbetween each press) the nook color will double or tripple click my letter making me now having to delete the mispelled word it has created.

Is anyone else having the issues and any suggestions on repairing this? i've only had the nook color for about a month so far and verified i'm on the latest version of the Nook Color OS.

Distinguished Correspondent
tenagail
0 Kudos

Re: Touch screen not being responsive when trying to highlight and type

Re: double or triple letters when typing on the soft keyboard. I was having this problem until I learned to let the page I wanted to type on fully load before typing. This solved it for me. Good Luck.
New User
HckrAdm2005
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply tenagail, 

how ever this issue isn't just with websites. It's also with adding notes insides of books I am reading as well. 

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Sometimes when something strange seems to be happening with the touchscreen it means it needs to be cleaned.  Don't know if it's the case here and I'm not saying you dropped mayo on it, but the grease from our hands causes "interference".

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Contributor
irishais
0 Kudos

Definitely clean the screen, as all that oil builds up from constant touching. Also, my NC used to spaz out until I put a film kit on it. I read constantly, and the thing hasn't messed up since. I still wipe it off with a microfiber cloth because I'm fussy like that, though.
Correspondent
KapSukdulan
0 Kudos

root the device...

NOOK for China iPad rip-off