New User
low516
0 Kudos

Turning off the music on Nook Color

Since downloading and playing music on my nook color I have not been able to turn the music off, only pause it.  Even after completely powering off my nook, when I turned it back on it was still paused in the middle of the same song!  I called tech support and was told that you can only pause the music, not turn it off.  This seems like a big issue to me - and I hope it is addressed in a future software update.  The original nook (not color) has an "X" to completely turn off the music.  In the meantime, I'm losing battery life (which the techie said doesn't happen in the pause mode - yeah, right).

Anyone else having this trouble?

Frequent Contributor
davedesrosiers

Re: Turning off the music on Nook Color

You have to remember that this unit runs android. as far as i can remember from my old android phone, my music was always left in the pause state. it does not mean it is running though. As far as i can tell, the nook color does not really multitask. 

i do think that the music app needs to work like pandora. touch the bottom left corner to be able to enter the music app. instead of having to go through the extras menu. also, pandora and the music app will play over each. kinda goofy. im hoping there will be a software update soon addressing this issue as well as many others. 

Wordsmith
Sardonicus
0 Kudos

low516 wrote:

. . . my nook color I have not been able to turn the music off, only pause it.  Even after completely powering off my nook, when I turned it back on it was still paused in the middle of the same song!  I called tech support . . .  In the meantime, I'm losing battery life (which the techie said doesn't happen in the pause mode - yeah, right).

Are you concerned that even after "completely powering off" your nook, you're losing battery life?

Really?

low516 also wrote:

This seems like a big issue to me . . . 

Then you have led a charmed life! :smileyhappy:

Maybe this "big issue" will be addressed in the future.  Anything's possible.

The people who live in a golden age usually go around complaining how yellow everything looks.

- Randall Jarrell

Wordsmith
SCIONTX
0 Kudos

LOL

New User
BlackGarnet
0 Kudos

I agree with you that we should be able to turn the music off. Apparently I left the same song on pause for four days. To me this is strange as well. I do not like that. I also do not like that I cannot close the web browser. I do not see how thinking that either of these functions should have a normal X to close the app is having lived a charmed life. Even my BlackBerry has the ability to close these things. And I do not know what Android is, so remembering that it runs off of this means nothing to me. I really like my color, but some things have such a hassle to get working. I might not have purchased it had I known it would be such a headache at times. I even emailed the support and they referred me to the manual, and he didn't even give me the correct portion of the book to look in, let alone answer my questions. Also, for some reason when I load my ePub books from the library onto it, it makes extra files of just pictures of the covers. Weird.

New User
red350ez

I agree with this post. It is very annoying not being able to turn the music off!

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Android is like that. Not sure if any of the newer versions add the ability to close APPs or if you need an APP designed to close things out.

FTR It does not affect the operation of the device.

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Correspondent
KapSukdulan
0 Kudos

root the device to install TaskKIller...

NOOK for China iPad rip-off
Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

KapSukdulan wrote:

root the device to install TaskKIller...

Ignore this person.  Keeps posting erroneous info and tries to get people to return nooks and NOOKcolors.  Appears to have a hand in selling phony devices.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.