New User
CroReader
0 Kudos

Unable to download. Problem downloading this item. Please try again later.

This Nook Color is driving me crazy!! I tried opening a previously read book and it gave me this message. Then I go an buy a new book and try to download it and get the same message! I checked my internet connectivity and it says I'm connected so I dont know what the problem is. All I know is that I've been trying to access these books for the past 6 hours.

Inspired Correspondent
pen_name19

Re: Unable to download. Problem downloading this item. Please try again later.

CroReader wrote:

This Nook Color is driving me crazy!! I tried opening a previously read book and it gave me this message. Then I go an buy a new book and try to download it and get the same message! I checked my internet connectivity and it says I'm connected so I dont know what the problem is. All I know is that I've been trying to access these books for the past 6 hours.

Try archiving then unarchiving the book.
    Try powering off then on (not sleep, but full power off).
--
Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

Completely power off the NC and power it back on. that's what always works for me.

New User
aLibrarian
0 Kudos

Thank you!!!

I had two books that I couldn't download and for some reason I never thought to simply turn it off and back on again (works for computers, so it was a BlindingFlashOfTheObvious)

New User
WildlifeRehabber

Just bought the new touch nook, non-color. The problem was resolved by updating my payment information online, which had expired.

New User
babyvxftw
0 Kudos

this is bull! it's happening to me  right now and there's nothing wrong with my freaking credit card. or billing address, nothing. barnes and noble sucks.

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52

babyvxftw wrote:

this is bull! it's happening to me  right now and there's nothing wrong with my freaking credit card. or billing address, nothing. barnes and noble sucks.

If you are actually looking for help and not just venting - it often helps to shut down the nook completely (hold down the power button until the shutdown message goes away) and then start it back up. Then start up your WIFI and sync your library.

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 517
Solutions: 40
0 Kudos

Hey babyvxftw,

Please PM with your account info (email, serial number) and I'll take a look at this for you.

-Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Reader 4
BN_bp
0 Kudos

I have the same problem as babyvxftw.

I got a new phone (Android) and downloaded the Nook App. It opens and I can see my B&N library just fine but when I touch on a book in my library it says: "Problem dwonloading this item. Please try again later." I have tried many times over the course of several days - same thing.

Thank you. BN_bp
Reader 4
BN_bp
0 Kudos

I see AlexG said the Private Message him but I do not know how to do that.

Wordsmith
CraigAZ
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

BN_bp wrote:

I see AlexG said the Private Message him but I do not know how to do that.

Click his nickname and that'll take you to his account page with a "Send a Private Message" link. Good luck.

Then watch for a return message. At the top of the page, there's a "B&N Community" box with "BN_bp  Logout  My Profile  Help {envelope}" where {envelope} is a graphic of a real envelope. Click the envelope to check your Private Messages. I'll send you one right now to let you test it.

Reader 4
BN_bp
0 Kudos

Re: Unable to download. Problem downloading this item. Please try again later. - SOLVED

Thanks, CraigAZ for the help with Private Messaging - I hope not to need to do that again but I appreciate your help.

FYI, I got a response from Nook Support and they told me to open the Android Nook app and log out then sign back in. I did that and it worked :-) Yippee

New User
Magen_Avot
0 Kudos

Re: Unable to download.

I bought a BC a couple of days ago. I downloaded a quick guide after going through the setups. Yesterday (11/09/11) I purchased 11 apps, one right after the other. 5 free 6 paid. The downloads didn't take place although I received the confirming emails. I called a total of 4 times today, the first tech(?) said there was a problem with the cc so I changed it. I noted later that B&N had charged the first card. (Huh?) Still no download after an hour. 2nd tech said wait another half hour. 3rd tech said the system was still processing my new card and to wait another hour. Well, hours later still no down loads. They did have me turn all the way off and re-initialize my internet connection but no go. I later updated to B&N Android 2.3 with no problem. Syncs to PC ok. I did send an email to customer service before finding this. I don't believe the system update for cc is accurate, and I'm not getting any error messages. I'm wondering if my NC was really registered because there wasn't anything that indicated that was completed.

Bottom line is how can I get the app downloads?

New User
LinusRain
0 Kudos

I had purchase couple of e-books back in 2009 using my WF debit card I had downloaded the ebooks successfully in the past on to my iPod. But then sometime in early 2011 I had closed my WF account though the card was expiring in 2012. Recently I had downloaded B&N Nook for Android for my SGS2 but when I logged in I was unable to download my already purchased e-books. After I had updated my credit card info to an active card then download started working on SGS2.

New User
HSuke
0 Kudos

Half a year later, I just encounter the same bug. After updating my credit card information (it had expired), I was able to download books again.

The error message of "Unable to download. Problem downloading this item. Please try again later." was completely unhelpful.

To Nook App Devs: Please fix this design bug.

New User
R1966
0 Kudos

I have a brand new Nook Tablet - I was able to connect fine to my home network but here in my office i keep getting a message Unable to Download - we're having trouble with your connections, etc. etc. I know how to connect to our wireless network but when I look at the IP address it's different on my Nook from the IP address in the settings for my iphone and that works just fine.  I'm totally frustrated at being unable to use this tablet outside of my home?  Thoughts, suggestions? HELP!!!

New User
jody_reads2-much
0 Kudos

i am so getting something i can download kindle too, b&n was fine until now, i have the same problem and they have no problem taking the money to pay for the book.  They have to run it through the card again so i can download it to the nook.  This is BS!!!!

New User
jody_reads2-much
0 Kudos

oh and i sent a customer service email after unsuccessul resolutions on the phone.  About to burst a blood vessel!

Contributor
finns
0 Kudos

I couldn't run any apps on my new Nook Color (I was getting the "Unable to Download..." error too) until I manually installed a software update. For whatever it's worth, I wrote more about this: Nook Color: Unable to Download Apps.
New User
sir_chazalot
0 Kudos

Outstanding information!

Followed the instruction to upgrade the NookColor OS and my downloaded apps are installing, now.

Very helpful and well presented information.

Kudos to you!

tone and respect,

Charlie