New User
WRS74
0 Kudos

Unable to download or deregister

Have spent many hours on the phone with CS and still no resolution-

-My first Nook Color would not download book.  "Internal error: Exception executing the command".  Same whether home or office wifi network.  Spent hours on phone with CS in attempt to fix, unresolved.

-Finally, refurbished replacement sent.  Same error message, home and office.  Attempts to Deregister via Nook unsuccessful ("Deregisteration (sic) failed (BS00003). Local reset will not be attempted.  If the problem persists contact Customer Support...").  Customer service was receiving same error message when they tried.  "Escalated" problem and somehow they Deregistered.

-Have gone thru many re-roots of device and re-registration attempts carefully using same account name with no success.

-Second to last CS suggestion was that as I had added a new default credit card to my account vs. original card Nook was registered under that could be problem.  So un-rooted device, deleted cards, registered device and added card.  Still no downloads.  Have moved books back and forth from archive to library to no avail.

After many hours on the phone with CS and scouring web am at wits end.  Last CS suggestion is that I take it to store and see if they can fix.  Unbelievable!  Wish I could return it.

Any help appreciated!

Correspondent
Perry_Mason
0 Kudos

Re: Unable to download or deregister

I'm having a similar problem.  All of a sudden my Nook Color won't browse the store, nor will it download books and magazines I've purchased.  It's not a web connection problem because I can browse the internet just fine.  Technical Support hasn't a clue.  I've done all the reset the modem and forget the NC settings to no avail.  I think it's time to sell on eBay and get an iPad.  At least they have great technical support.

New User
WRS74
0 Kudos

PS- can browse web, access Pandora, etc. from home and office so problem shouldn't be web connection.  WPA/WPA2 PSK on both networks.

New User
csWI
0 Kudos

I'm having a similar problem....however I never get an error message.  the screen simply hangs on the "resetting your NOOKcolor, please wait whole we deregister over the network".  I too have tried multiple wifi connections. 

is there not a reboot option, or is this deregister device the only option?

Contributor
aleehl
0 Kudos

I am having a similar problem too!

Seems like a glitch on the side of B&N??

Contributor
aleehl
0 Kudos

Just to add on, I was able to sync my libary previously. And I am still able to see my downloads on my free app, the NOOK Pc. Hence, I am very puzzled as to why this is happening!

Contributor
aleehl
0 Kudos

Hello all! Good news! My problem has been solved :smileyhappy:

All I did was a factory reset following the following steps that I found in the 'NOOK Color 1.2 Update Frequently Asked Questions' thread.

8. If you don't have access to another source of wifi, you can force a reset to factory settings.  This is equivalent to the "Erase" portion of "Erase & Deregister Device"  (NOTE: This *will* delete all user data, including side-loaded content, so please back anything up that you want saved).  Power off the device by holding the power button for 5 seconds, a dialogue box will appear asking whether you would like to power off your device. Confirm by pressing the Power button.  Then press both the "Power" button and the "n" button at the same time.  Continue holding them and release 7 seconds *after* the "Read Forever" logo is displayed.  You'll get a confirmation screen asking if you want to "Reset to factory defaults".  Tap the Home key ("n" button) to confirm.   When you reregister, you need to reregister with the same account as you previously had, otherwise you'll receive an error.

Instead of 7 seconds, I held on for like 2-3 seconds after the 'Read Forever' logo showed. Took a few trial and errors before I could get to the 'reset to factory defaults' screen. And after resetting, I could sync my library again!

I seriously hope this isn't a regular issue.

Hope this works for you too!

New User
lovetoread720
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help...I had the same problem and after a couple of tries I was able to get to that reset page and now I can sync and download. What a chore but I would have been lost without your posting. Thanks again!

Inspired Wordsmith
donc13
0 Kudos

WRS74 wrote:

Have spent many hours on the phone with CS and still no resolution-

-My first Nook Color would not download book.  "Internal error: Exception executing the command".  Same whether home or office wifi network.  Spent hours on phone with CS in attempt to fix, unresolved.

-Finally, refurbished replacement sent.  Same error message, home and office.  Attempts to Deregister via Nook unsuccessful ("Deregisteration (sic) failed (BS00003). Local reset will not be attempted.  If the problem persists contact Customer Support...").  Customer service was receiving same error message when they tried.  "Escalated" problem and somehow they Deregistered.

-Have gone thru many re-roots of device and re-registration attempts carefully using same account name with no success.

-Second to last CS suggestion was that as I had added a new default credit card to my account vs. original card Nook was registered under that could be problem.  So un-rooted device, deleted cards, registered device and added card.  Still no downloads.  Have moved books back and forth from archive to library to no avail.

After many hours on the phone with CS and scouring web am at wits end.  Last CS suggestion is that I take it to store and see if they can fix.  Unbelievable!  Wish I could return it.

Any help appreciated!

Oh, I know, I'll get jumped on for saying this:

"So I un-rooted device..."

Humm....put it back to factory defaults.

Completely power down NC.

Power the NC back on, as soon as the screen flashes, release the power button and then PUSH IT AND HOLD IT down again until the NC shuts off.   Now repeat that, hold the power button until the screen flashes, let power go and push it and hold it down again.

Do the above 8 times, the NC will automatically re-load the OS and erase it.

Now, re-register it.    The books are registered to your account, but encrypted with your credit card used when you purchased the book.    You *may* be asked for that CC when you try to open a book.   Just enter the OLD credit card number.

---------
Don
Contributor
Antonics
0 Kudos

Same error message here! Just bought mine yesterday (my birthday). Browsing was ok as well as other features. Then when I tried to download the free book The Hunger Games, the error message came on. Any try to purchase came up with same error message. Customer Service told me that it takes 24 hours for Credit card to be authenticated even if I already had a default credit card at B&N website. So I change to a different credit card. Nothing still. I will go to B&N store to see if they can help or else this gets returned. Hesitant to do a reset as you never know if something might makes things worse. Nook Version is 1.3.

New User
William_4u

On your NOOK, tap on "Settings" >> "Device Info" >> "Erase and & De-register". It will De-register your NOOK and you can re-register to access all your BN purchases
New User
Tealdrex
0 Kudos

My problem with this process is that I am using a computer.  While I realize that you all are working with your NOOK devices, I am at wits end trying to get my computer to download a book.  I tried logging off/on, un(re)installing the software, archiving and unarchiving...

Still getting an error.

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener

Are you trying to use Nook for PC?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

What NookGardener wrote.

You have to use Nook for PC.

First - download and install it.

Second - login using the EXACT SAME information as you use on B&N.

Third - download the book you want.

If you give more details on WHAT STEP you are getting stuck on, and most importantly, what steps you took to get there, then we might be able to help.