New User
juliannealyssa
0 Kudos

Unable to transfer books from Mac to NOOKcolor?

I have recently purchased and downloaded two books from bn.com onto my Mac and I am unable to transfer them onto my NOOKcolor.

Can anyone help me?

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Re: Unable to transfer books from Mac to NOOKcolor?

juliannealyssa wrote:

I have recently purchased and downloaded two books from bn.com onto my Mac and I am unable to transfer them onto my NOOKcolor.

Can anyone help me?

Hi there and welcome to the forums.

For some unknown reason, a file downloaded from B&N to a Mac always comes as a pdb file instead of an epub file. You can't convert them because of the DRM encoding.

Is there some reason you don't download them directly to your Nook color?

One workaround is to download the NookStudy for Mac app, and then download the books using that program. This will download the files as epubs, and then you can use the NookStudy program to sideload them to your My Files/Books folder on the Nook via USB.

You will want to get real familiar with the sideloading content section in the user guide.

Hope this helps

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

NookStudy for Mac will give the correct file type, but there's a catch.  You must have Snow Leopard (OS x 10.6) on your Mac to install NookSturdy.

I have mentioned this strange situation in a number of posts since getting my NC in Dec.  The urge to rant grows as B&N fails to inform Mac users of this situation or provide a fix.

Basically, Mac support sucks and Linux is nonexistent.

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Probably Apples new "Anti Nook" software. Lol
Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

phoneboy wrote:
Probably Apples new "Anti Nook" software. Lol

This issue precedes Apple's recent attempts to own the world.  I only need to use the Mac because the other wizards at Adobe refuse to support Linux, probably due to licensing issues.

The real issue is that B&N is selling a device that doesn't support the file type (pdb) that they force on Mac users.   I can download the same book to my Linux computer and get the epub version.  It just makes no sense.

New User
mamanila
0 Kudos

hi umm i have just a regular nook and i have been having a little trouble. when i go onto my Barnes and Nobles account and go to the books on my online barnes and nobles library and press download it won't download can someone please help me?