New User
kumal
0 Kudos

Upgrading nook color to nook HD

If I decide to upgrade my nook color to a nook HD. How would I transfer the many books from one reader to the other. the merchants no longer carry accessories for the nook color since you are no longer producing the nook color and I would hate no lose the many books purchased on the reader. If or when I upgrade. Thank you

Frequent Contributor
eaglewomanEP
0 Kudos

Re: Upgrading nook color to nook HD

when I got my HD+ as soon as I registered it, the books from my color showed up.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

kumal wrote:

If I decide to upgrade my nook color to a nook HD. How would I transfer the many books from one reader to the other. the merchants no longer carry accessories for the nook color since you are no longer producing the nook color and I would hate no lose the many books purchased on the reader. If or when I upgrade. Thank you

If you are talking about books that you purchased from BN, then you simply need to register the HD to your existing account and all your books, magazines, apps, etc will transfer, assuming they are compatible with the HD.

Sideloaded content from other vendors would have to be sideloaded to the Nook HD.

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

"I would hate no lose the many books purchased on the reader."

Yep your B&N books are stored here on the servers and just requires re-downloading them to new device.

Other books may have to visit particular sites and re-download them manually.

Any other than B&N or Side loaded books should be backed up on the PC for safety. And able to re-install them on other devices when needed.
"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Contributor
susiet59
0 Kudos

I just found a power cord available for the Nook Color, but the cords are not in stores, and I don't see an application to order them direct from B&N  on line.   Consequently, my color nook is down and I am unable to use it.  Being forced to buy another Nook or a Kindle, I too would like to know if I can download my nook books to another tablet.  Please let me know.

Contributor
susiet59
0 Kudos

Did all you books for your color nook show up on you Nook HD? 

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

susiet59 wrote:

I just found a power cord available for the Nook Color, but the cords are not in stores, and I don't see an application to order them direct from B&N  on line.   Consequently, my color nook is down and I am unable to use it.  Being forced to buy another Nook or a Kindle, I too would like to know if I can download my nook books to another tablet.  Please let me know.

You don't need a cable specifically from B&N. You can order any that are designed for the Nook Color from 3rd party sources like eBay and Amazon and much cheaper. Also a regular micro-usb cable can be used for transfering content to and from a PC. Same usb cable can also charge a Nook color hooked to the PC but at a much slower rate. And will generally take 10-12 hrs to fully charge from 20% charged to 100% fully charged.

As to books to another tablet any Nook device as the books are on B&N's servers and they allow you to register up to 6 devices I believe. As to other tablets that have google play then you can download the nook app to read B&N books. For Kindle tablets check their app store to see if the B&N app is available. And I do not know how well the B&N app works on other devices.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/