New User
JeffrieW
0 Kudos

Utilizing Memory Card on Nook Color

I have installed a 16gb memory card that displays 100% in SD card memory (14.83gb free). Does the Nook automatically use the SD card memory if I should fill the resident memory? Before that fill up, can I control and direct file entry or book transfers from resident Nook memory to the SD Card via USB cable from my PC at any time? Should I even care to do so?

Wordsmith
gandalf1369

Re: Utilizing Memory Card on Nook Color

JeffrieW wrote:

I have installed a 16gb memory card that displays 100% in SD card memory (14.83gb free). Does the Nook automatically use the SD card memory if I should fill the resident memory? Before that fill up, can I control and direct file entry or book transfers from resident Nook memory to the SD Card via USB cable from my PC at any time? Should I even care to do so?

1. The nookcolor DOes NOT AUTOMATICALLY make use of the micro SD card.  You have to manually copy/move files to it when the NC is connected via the USB cable to your computer.  This applies to eboks, documents, music files, pictures, etc.

2.  Any ebooks that you download directly from B&N via the NC will be stored on the NC internal memory - NOT the micro SD card.

3.  If you download the ebooks from B&N to your computer, you can then transfer them to the micro SD card as you can any other type of file.

Hope this helps . . . .

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
New User
wiz2525
0 Kudos

I tried this. I have >500 ebooks on my nook, nothing on the memory card except the folders. I looked in all the folders in internal memory. The only files displayed were a page or so of thumbnails! Where are the book files? The usage meter says I have used 65% of the internal drive space! Why can't I find them then?
Inspired Scribe
kamas716

wiz2525 wrote:
I tried this. I have >500 ebooks on my nook, nothing on the memory card except the folders. I looked in all the folders in internal memory. The only files displayed were a page or so of thumbnails! Where are the book files? The usage meter says I have used 65% of the internal drive space! Why can't I find them then?

I'm not sure if the NC is the same, but on most of the other Nooks, the internal memory where your eBooks are stored is not visible when searching the drives/directories.  The only visible portion of memory is that assisgned for externally loaded files, both those put on the memory card and those sideloaded to the stock memory of the device.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716