New User
Douha
0 Kudos

Which Micro sd card?

Good Evening,

I have been looking for a micro sd card to put into my Nook Color wifi.

The product instructions state that it will take a micro sd up to 32GB in size.

In looking for a micro sd card that is 32GB I find that most of them are micro sdhc.  I don't know what the difference is between a micro sd and a micro sdhc.  Will the micro sdhc work in the nook color?

Thanks

Doug

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Re: Which Micro sd card?

[ Edited ]

HC is generic. Stands for High capcity. 32gb mite be overkill. I guess it depends on what you want to put on it. If your planing on doing movies then 32gb is best. For book, docs and pics, save the $$. 4 or 8gb is plenty. Prices for 32gb cards will come down in the not to distant future. JMHO

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Frequent Contributor
kayokat
0 Kudos

I just bought a San Disk Micro SDHC 8 GB sd card.  It came with an adapter so it can also be used in my laptop. 

I inserted it into the NC and it worked without any problems.  Just plain worked.  Nice.

Inspired Contributor
withfeeling
0 Kudos

Don't sound so surprised.:smileyhappy: That is the way it is supposed to be.

Frequent Contributor
kayokat
0 Kudos

"Supposed" being the key word.  It's always kind of surprising when things work the way they are "supposed" to.  Makes my day.

Frequent Contributor
Guyon
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yes I am using a 16 gig microSDHC in my nook color.

microSD cards are currently available in capacities from 64 MB to 2 GB, while microSDHC cards are currently available in capacities from 4 to 32 GB.

* Class 2: minimum sustained DTS of 2MB/sec
    * Class 4: minimum sustained DTS of 4MB/sec
    * Class 6: minimum sustained DTS of 6MB/sec

Inspired Contributor
withfeeling
0 Kudos

Don't overbuy on class numbers. Especially if the price goes up a lot for the next higher class. The class number is just the minimum GUARANTEED transfer rate. Lots of cards vastly exceed their class number, especially for lower class numbers and with quality manufacturers. I'm using a Class 2 16Gb card that I paid about $24 for. It works just fine. Also, don't buy from junk manufacturers. I'd say stick with Sandisk, Kingston, or Transcend.