Contributor
iluvminc
0 Kudos

Why isn't my Nook color is not charging.

:'-( I did not want to come on this board for anything, I just wanted to browse around. Now I'm having issues with my Nook color. I hope someone can help me and I don't have to send it back. I can't function with out it. When I want to reply or start a message like now, I cannot type in rich text it have to be in HTML format. When it is in the Rich text, the keyboard will not come up. Also,it will not charge. I have it plugged up and nothings happening. The "U" is red and if I wiggle it, it will change colors to orange then green but my Nook color is not charging. :-( Please help me I have a 100 pages to go in one book, I'm reading and about 150 pages in the second book. Help me please my bar is RED!
Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

Re: Why isn't my Nook color is not charging.

[ Edited ]

Currently, you are required to use the html button on your NC when posting to this website. That's normal. Perhaps that issue will be addressed in the update.

On your charger, it sounds like a bad connection; you'll probably have to request a new charging cord. If you have a local B&N store nearby, try taking it there to request a new cord. In the meantime, take the charging cord out and reinsert it very carefully until it goes green. if you can wiggle it and it goes green, let it be for awhile.

If that doesn't work, try completely powering off and on your nook, then reinserting the charging cable.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Contributor
iluvminc
0 Kudos

Thanks, I will try doing what you suggest. But, I will be going to my local Barnes and nobles today. Hopefully they will give me another chord. And plus I haven't been inside a barnes and nobles with my NC, I want to see what all the hype is about.
Inspired Wordsmith
donc13
0 Kudos

iluvminc wrote:
:'-( I did not want to come on this board for anything, I just wanted to browse around. Now I'm having issues with my Nook color. I hope someone can help me and I don't have to send it back. I can't function with out it. When I want to reply or start a message like now, I cannot type in rich text it have to be in HTML format. When it is in the Rich text, the keyboard will not come up. Also,it will not charge. I have it plugged up and nothings happening. The "U" is red and if I wiggle it, it will change colors to orange then green but my Nook color is not charging. :-( Please help me I have a 100 pages to go in one book, I'm reading and about 150 pages in the second book. Help me please my bar is RED!

You won't like this answer....but you are going to HAVE to call Customer Service or go to your local B&N store.    You seem to have a bad charger and/or cable.    They should be able to assist you at a store.    If it isn't the charger or cable, then there is no choice but to exchange the NC via Customer Service.

---------
Don
Contributor
HatBee
0 Kudos

The plug that goes into the NC wiggles and won't stay lit. I wish the plug were on the side rather than the bottom or at least had some type of protection for the plug when it's not in use. I plan to take it in this evening after my husband comes home with the car.

Contributor
HatBee
0 Kudos

I found both stores closed when I got there. It's a shame they don't publicize different hours on holidays somewhere on the website. I had no luck today. Now I have to wait until I take my husband to work tomorrow so I can have the car. Thanks for the wasted gas.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

It didn't occur to you, being a holiday and all, to call the store first to see if they would be open?

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Contributor
HatBee
0 Kudos

One store had an event listed for 1:30 Sunday afternoon so I took it to mean they would be open.

Frequent Contributor
mercury1965
0 Kudos

For note: The hours of all B&N stores is found by clicking 'stores & events' in the upper right corner of the site, then type the city.

Inspired Wordsmith
my9cats
0 Kudos

On holidays I always call first. Saves a trip for nothing.

Nook Color Wallpapers
Contributor
suzy76
0 Kudos

Thanks for starting this thread! I am having the same problem... Currently I have to wrap the charger cord around my nook in a ridiculous configuration for the charger to connect and begin to charge. 

Thanks to all the replies, I will be stopping by my local B&N to see if the charger is the culprit. I am hoping it is because if it isn't, that only leave the connection in the nook itself... Then what?

Contributor
iluvminc
0 Kudos

You are so right about checking to see if B&N are open, I'd forgot about the holiday. I was just trying to get my NC fixed... But I never made it there anyway because I had other plans for that day..

But something strange happened. I turn it completely off to save what little juice I had but I kept it plugged up and It just turned on and started to charge... I don't know what happened but all I know is It was charging and I read some more of my books.. Right now, I still have some juice left. I have a Barnes and Nobles near my job. But my crazy butt left the charger at home.. Anyways thanks for all of your replies, I really appreciate it.

Contributor
HatBee
0 Kudos

After having to go to 2 different stores to find a charger in stock, I then found that I had to purchase it because the warrenty nor the extended warrenty covered the charger. The first one called to make sure the other one had it in stock and had it placed on hold for me so please call to make sure they have it and you shouldn't need the old one.

Inspired Contributor
littlelotus2000
0 Kudos

Okay, that's crazy. My charger decided to quit charging properly, after having my NookColor since Thanksgiving: I called customer service (they are REALLY busy, BTW, update and all), and they are sending a new charger, free, of course. It most certainly IS covered hardware!! Call them, be polite, I think you'll be taken care of.

Contributor
HatBee
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information.

Contributor
iluvminc
0 Kudos

@ hatbee

I purchased my nookcolor from Best Buy, when I purchased the extended warrent I guess the charger was included. I talk to them that morning and when I went in with my NC they saw the charger was bad and gave me a new NC! I was shocked :smileysurprised: So now I'm back in business!!! YEAH!!!!