New User
Heidi_jo
0 Kudos

Why when I wipe the screen clean does the touchscreen no longer work until it feels like it???

Any time I clean my nook color with a cloth the touchscreen stops working for whatever amount of time it feels like so I can't do a single thing with it, anyone else have this problem?

I also have to archive 1/2 of my apps anytime I want to download a new one, why is that?

I seriously hate my NOOK!!!

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Re: Why when I wipe the screen clean does the touchscreen no longer work until it feels like it???

Are you using a damp cloth? I've noticed capacitive screens like the NC useswill stop responding if damp. A quick power off and on usually fixes it. (Just turn off, not a full reboot.) 

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

Re: Why when I wipe the screen clean does the touchscreen no longer work until it feels like it???

Are you wiping it clean when the Nook is on?  I've found that the rapid random motion of wiping it will "confuse" the Nook, and it's apt to freeze.  I just wipe it when it's asleep and all is well.

Correspondent
susgod
0 Kudos

Search archives for numerous discussions on this issue. The original Nook Color had 8 GB of internal memory on the NC. 3 GB was reserved for system use, and the other 5 GB was ours to do with as we liked.  B&N changed that to reserve 4 GB of internal storage, to be used exclusively for content purchased from them. Only 1 GB is available for sideloaded content you obtained elsewhere Your apps are limited to the space B&N had reserved for apps. If you exceed that limit, you must rotate apps into and out of the archives. Unless you convert the original Nook Color to android.

Heidi_jo wrote:
-snip-

I also have to archive 1/2 of my apps anytime I want to download a new one, why is that?

-snip-