Reader 2
LindaA_FL
0 Kudos

can no longer download ebooks via OverDrive app (Nook Color)

I've been using the overdrive app since it was released with no problems, until about a week ago. Now, I can login to my library and check out books, but they won't download. When I go to my bookshelf and click on any of the books 'download' buttons, the buttons momentarily change color (so they were pressed), but then nothing at all happens. No errors, no actual downloading, nothing at all. I have the upgraded app (which I don't like) but I have downloaded successfully since the upgrade so the upgrade itself didn't break this functionality. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what is the fix? Thanks!
Frequent Contributor
geertm

Re: can no longer download ebooks via OverDrive app (Nook Color)

Check if you have enough free memory space left.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Linda, what geertm wrote.

Just go to Settings and click on Device Information.

There are two rows. One for

Storage for B&N Content

and another for

Storage for Other Content.

I think the first is where Overdrive saves its files.

Reader 2
LindaA_FL

Thank you both for the great idea! I just checked and I'm only at 70% on the first content line and 67% on the second, so I should have plenty of space. I was able to add a book with no problem using overdrive/adobe digital editions on my laptop and connecting my nook the old way (and those %'s were after that), but I still can't get anything to download directly from the app.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

That's interesting Linda. That suggests there might be something wrong in how the App is downloading books i.e. server problems or it runs into some bug when it tries to save the file on your Nook.

Can't think of how that could be fixed. Well, as long as you can your library books via your PC, at least you have a workaround.

Reader 4
TrinityFL

Try archiving the app and then unarchiving it. I was able to download books after that.

Reader 2
LindaA_FL
0 Kudos

Thanks TrinityFL... Tried that but it didn't work. I still can't download any books. My Nook is just gathering dust while I read books on my tablet. Very sad situation :smileysad:
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

I thought you said you can download to PC and then transfer to your Nook. Is that no longer working?

Reader 2
LindaA_FL
0 Kudos

Side loading still works, but it's a pain.  Most of the books I read are on waiting lists, so I have to load them fairly quickly once they are available.  It's so much easier to download to my tablet with a few taps and I've found I've gradually stopped using my Nook.  I really like my Nook and would like to use it more, so I keep searching to see if someone found a solution for my app issue.  I even tried archiving the app and re-installing it, but that didn't fix it.  I'm considering trying a hard reset, but I don't know if that fixes stuff like this. 

Thanks again everyone for your help!