Contributor
Roxie629
0 Kudos

can't get to Facebook

Until yesterday, I could login to the Internet and go anywhere (as it should be). Yesterday, I tried to check my facebook, and get nothing but a blank page. I can see the Facebook frame (for those who know a bit about web design, you'll know what I mean), but no content.

I can click the login button to login, it accepts my username and password, refreshes like it's logging me in, then I get the empty frame. I see the (touch) link for Inbox, Home, Profile, Friends, etc., but that's it. I can't click on any of that. I tried clicking on 'Full Site' but still nothing!

I can go everywhere else, (Barnes and Noble), school, work, just no Facebook. I am using my personal (protected) wifi, I am the owner/administrator, no changes have been made. Anyone have any ideas, solutions?

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

Re: can't get to Facebook

Have you tried shutting your NC off (not sleep) and restarting?  That may clear the problem.

Contributor
Roxie629
0 Kudos

yes, I did. Held the power button in, message asking do i you want to turn your device completely off? I did! Still nothing upon reboot. It's weird, just Facebook... ? (that i know of)

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

I have been hearing about a rash of hacking/hijacking goin on with FB. have you tried from a dif device?

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Contributor
Roxie629
0 Kudos

Yes, I can login on my laptop, and my office PC. I've also cleared the cache, cookies, etc. I just reset everything to default, but can't check right now because I don't have a wifi connection here at the moment. I will post again when I can test it. Thanks!

Contributor
WoodlandSprite

My recommendation is to make sure you have Java enabled on your web settings on the NC.  I had a similar issue after I did the upgrade to 1.1

Contributor
Roxie629
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help, I'm all set. I decided to try resetting to 'default settings'. I cleared all cache, cookies, etc. then under Advanced settings, reset to default. Viola!

Frequent Contributor
drover8
0 Kudos

I just had the same problem. Cleared out cache, history & cookies, but didn't reset and it brought my page back up. d.