Contributor
jere6894
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

cannot get any results from my SHOP!

I am unable to get any results when I shop by author or title. Have turned off and back on. What is wrong? Has anyone had this problem before? What do I need to do to solve this problem? TNX!!
Frequent Contributor
roxmysoxGA
0 Kudos

Re: cannot get any results from my SHOP!

Could be an issue with B&N servers.  Can't check right now 'cause the 1.4.2 update snuck up on my NC last night and broke my root and I've got to redo everything :smileysad:

Contributor
jere6894
0 Kudos

Rox, did i understand u right? Is there another update I'm not aware of?
Frequent Contributor
roxmysoxGA
0 Kudos

Yes...update 1.4.2 was released on Feb 20th...you can sideload it if you want or wait for the OTA.  I unwisely left my wifi on and got zapped.

Supposedly the email bug was fixed.

New User
RedViking
0 Kudos

My wife and I each have the first edition nook models.

For the last 2 weeks (at least) we are unable to shop with our Nooks. We are also unable to access the WEB.

I have called tech support several times and have gone throught the reboots and removing and replacing the battery each time.  Eachtech says they must follow the procedure to troubleshoot.

After 1/2 hour or so every tech has disappeared for conferencing. and they return reporting it is a known problem effecting only the NOOK First Edition.

IT is working on it and expects a solution in a few hours (now going on 10 days+)

Solution offered is to go to bn.com on my PC, shop there and then sync devices. 

That works demonstrating that it is NOT a connectivity issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Posting 1st edition e-ink problems in the Nook COLOR forum is not likely to get fast response (only idiots like me read all). However... Those who have recovered the shop have done one of two things. Go to a B&N where the in-store shop logic kicks in and reactivates the Shop function (though I had to shut down and remove the battery for a minute or so, then reboot, before the Shop function returned - and was still working a few days later!) OR they've done a deregister/reset to factory/reregister.
Baron Wulfraed
New User
RedViking
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply

sorry for misposting