New User
zasperilla
0 Kudos

cannot get sequel apps for nook color

I have had my nook color for a few years now and have never had a problem. My version is 1.4.3. Normally i play games that i already have installed-however last night I decided that i wanted to get the sequel to 2 games-1)Snark Busters-High Society-which i could buy and download  (after about 15 minutes) and (2) Twisted Lands: Origin.( I have the first 2 Twisted Lands but apparently the 3rd one is for Nook Tablet and the Nook HD's). My question is why? I also have Lost Souls:Enchanted Paintings which since i bought it has been giving me the message that "your external memory is full" What is exteernal memory?

1) My device info says I have 49% left in BN, 10% in Other Storage Available and "even after inserting and formating a new 8gb micro sd card--it STILL shows only 10% storage available". The sd card only has solitaire, stray souls and alabama smith - i have no pics, music, mags, etc on the card.. Is there a fix?? (already tried a different card-same result

2) I broke down and not only bought a Nook HD but seeing as nothing was really different on it -I returned it the next morning, deciding that I LOVE MY NOOK COLOR so much that I am a fan for life. Like the iphone is now up to #5- BN wants us to upgrade--apparently that is the only way I can get sequel apps and new ones. QUES-if they ar available for tablet and HD WHY oh WHY has BN just skipped over the Color.

NOOK COLOR has a ton of fans which I Idiscovered from browsing the BN site, before I wrote this.

DEAR BN~~why have you allowed  Alawar and G5 and others to skip us????  You are not even making Color anymore ! Again iIask WHY??

3) Forgive me for such a long  Q&A , but I guess I finially needed to air my new frustrations. and seek answers. OH one more thing-when i went to see the Screen Shots" of the games all that shows for 3-4 panels is the LOGO for the game, even tried it with games I was not going to buy. ALL the developers games shoed thte same thing so P.S

4) WHY??

I wrote this out of support for the Nook Color and  if "the customer is always right",, and "customer satisfaction" is a mantra of BN then WHY HAVE YOU ABANDONED US???

~~~zasperilla (the all capitals was not meant to be yelling-only to make a pleading statement)  :smileyhappy: 

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Re: cannot get sequel apps for nook color

1: B&N doesn't decide which devices an application will be available for. The writer of the  application controls that.

2: It is possible that these sequels require higher performance hardware -- the Nook Color is what, 700MHz Single Core, while the Nook Tablet was a Dual Core (and the HD is over 1GHz dual).

3: Applications only install to the internal memory, the SD card essentially is only used for "side-loaded" music and image files. It does not show in the memory usage report.

Baron Wulfraed
New User
zasperilla
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Wulfraed,

Thank You for your reply and i understand what you are saying.

Under Settings/Device info/Other storage available it shows that I have 95.78MB free of 1.00GB = 10%.

Can you suggest a way to increase this?

When I have tried to download some games a Pop Up occurs telling me that the Internal Storage is Full.

Is this the same thing as Other Available Storage?

I await your reply based on the satisfactory answer I recieved to my initial inquiry (rant??) Anyway, since I see that some things are for the Nook HD and + or for the Tablet, would athe tablet meet my needs better ?( I am limited in my income and truly love my Color)

Regards,

zas

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Has your device been repatitioned?

From what I've read, the Color and Tablet models shipped with the partitioning set to where B&N content only got something like 256MB; the rest was allocated to user space (stuff you loaded using a USB connection).

The stores supposedly have a bootable SD card that can repartion the device giving more space to downloaded content. Make sure to save any stuff you loaded first - the change likely wipes out the memory contents; downloaded stuff should reload when asked.

Baron Wulfraed
New User
zasperilla
0 Kudos

I have no personal stuff in my nook color.only used usb when getting downloads from B&N. will this still increase storage? I do have a lot of books stored in library.and many many games archived. I was told scd card would not expand nook memory and no one knew why it was there. do I have to buy this bootable card? tx, zas
Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

@zasperilla The sd card can be used to side load personal content (ie music, books, documents, photos, etc.) So it DOES expand the memory, just not for the items you want. When did you purchase/receive your nook color? The original release of the NC had a smaller partition for storing Nook purchased content. Once the nook App Store opened, B&N realized that some people had a problem storing apps/games, etc. So they came up with the option to bring the device into the store, the tech person repartitions it, then reloads the current software.(Essentially making it like a new out of the box device. All your games, etc will have to be redownloaded.) If you decide to go this route, call the store first and make sure they have the card still. A new bootable card isn't going to solve your problem.