New User
runnermomSR
0 Kudos

deleting books off my nook

Kinda new at this...I know how to delete them off of my account on B&N website, but how do I get them off the nook itself?

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Re: deleting books off my nook

runnermomSR wrote:

Kinda new at this...I know how to delete them off of my account on B&N website, but how do I get them off the nook itself?

Of course you then know that deleting them from your B&N account on  the website removes them permanently so you'd have to rebuy them if you want to get them back.

To your question--if you bought the books from B&N and just don't want them to keep showing up on your NOOKcolor, archive them.  Touch the book and select archive.  It sort of takes them off the NC, but they will show up on a shelf that is called archived or archived books.  You can also archive them using the website in your account.

If you bought the books from somewhere else, you would have sideloaded them to your NC by connecting to your PC.  Do the same to delete them.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Inspired Correspondent
pen_name19
0 Kudos

runnermomSR wrote:

I think this is the way it works: After deleting them from the B&N website, go to the NC, bring up the "library" view, and tap on the button that looks like two-arrows-going-clockwise. It will sync your library view w/ your B&N website (e.g., the books deleted there will be deleted from your NC).
    Tho: Deleting is permanent, but archiving puts them away, so they can be recalled again.
-- bye
Distinguished Correspondent
DeeV
0 Kudos

I can not get archived books to stop appearing in my library? I went to the bn.com and archived them there and placed them in archive as well on my NC. Both bn.com & my NC show them as archived and placed in the archive file on my NC...but they are still appearing in my NC library?

I did this last night and after doing so i refreshed my library page so it would update the changes..no changes. I got up this morning and once again did a sync and still those archived books are showing up in my library? I turned the NC off for about a half hour and came back rebooted and did a sync again and still showing up in my library. Along the bottom of the achived books showing up in my library it says "download". So it knows it has been archived but why are these archived books still showing up in my library?

deemure
0 Kudos

DeeV wrote:

I can not get archived books to stop appearing in my library? I went to the bn.com and archived them there and placed them in archive as well on my NC. Both bn.com & my NC show them as archived and placed in the archive file on my NC...but they are still appearing in my NC library?

I did this last night and after doing so i refreshed my library page so it would update the changes..no changes. I got up this morning and once again did a sync and still those archived books are showing up in my library? I turned the NC off for about a half hour and came back rebooted and did a sync again and still showing up in my library. Along the bottom of the achived books showing up in my library it says "download". So it knows it has been archived but why are these archived books still showing up in my library?

I take it you are talking about the archived books just showing up in the area that says archived, right?  If so, the books themselves are no longer on the NC, but they show up as archived books to facilitate re-downloading if you should so desire.  The actual books are not there.  This is normal.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

deemure wrote:

DeeV wrote:

I take it you are talking about the archived books just showing up in the area that says archived, right?  If so, the books themselves are no longer on the NC, but they show up as archived books to facilitate re-downloading if you should so desire.  The actual books are not there.  This is normal.

So, with the NC you cannot hide your archived books?

DeeV
0 Kudos

i am aware they will remain in the archive files so that one can redownload it if they wish. It's getting it to disappear from the library once it's been archived. I can't imagine why it would remain in the library to only clutter it once it's been archived.

DeeV
0 Kudos

Once i archived it i expected to only see it by visiting archive files..not still see it anywhere else such as the library.

deemure
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Once again I will have to make an assumption. The only place my archived books show up on y NC is in the shelves area. At the bottom there is a shelf of archived books. They don't show up in my regular library area. Is this not so with yours?

The archived shelf cannot be deleted or edited, but it is all the way at the bottom out if the way.
bestem
0 Kudos

Archived books won't show in the main library area, but they do show on whatever shelves you put them on, as well as on the Archived shelf.  

I've been in the process of cataloguing all of my nookbooks on LibraryThing, and I made two shelves, not catalougued, and catalogued.  Once I catalogue it, I switch the shelves.  I finished about 100 of the free books the other day and started to archive them, only to realize that I had to keep scrolling over to get to the ones that hadn't been archived yet becase they stayed in alphabetical order on the shelf.

It's good and bad.  I can find the books I want if I'm looking on the shelves, and I know what shelf it belongs on.  But when I don't want to see the archived books, it's a pain in the neck.

DeeV
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Beestem, you just solved my problem:smileywink:!!! that is what it was i had them in the alpha order display in my library..once i switched modes the archived books disappeared from the library.

Thank you bunches!!!

DeAnna

DeeV
0 Kudos

Sorry guys i was probably not clear when i was saying library..i meant under library the "books" tab. That is what it was though i had them displayed there in alpha order but switching to any other order the archived books do not display...only in the alpha order. That makes sense because that mode apparently shows you all books as well as archived books, but only under that mode.

phoneboy
0 Kudos

Remove from shelf then archive. Hope the update makes this a one step process
Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown