Contributor
pattysplayhouse
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

help with shelves

I had books that I sideloaded to my SD card on the NC and then put into shelves that I created, but it seems that every time I sideload new books to the SD card, all the books that I have added to the shelves disappear and I have to add them back to the shelves. I ended up taking them off the SD card and putting them back onto the NC directly so I wouldn't have to keep re-shelving them.  Is there something I'm missing when I put them into shelves or are sideloaded book to the SD not able to be shelved.

Inspired Wordsmith
A_Wilson
0 Kudos

Re: help with shelves

Having the books that are on the SD cards "fall off" the shelves they were placed on is a known problem with the NC.  Usually happening when the NC turns off and back on, but also at other times (like you have found).  The only solution I have found is keeping them on the NC itself and storing my pictures and movies on the SD card.  I hope this helps (but probably not by much) sorry.

"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love." - Mother Theresa

“Let us be kind, one to another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.” Ian McKlaren

Contributor
pattysplayhouse
0 Kudos

Thank you. that is what I kind of figured.  If it is a known issue, have you heard if they are they trying to fix it?

Inspired Wordsmith
A_Wilson
0 Kudos

Hi Patty.  Unfotunately if they are trying to fix it, it isn't really high on the priority list.  I think this is an issue that has been going on for nearly a year now (probably closer to 10 months or so).  Either way, it has been happening since I got my NC, and started sideloading books, and looking here for solutions.   Wish I had more info, sorry.

"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love." - Mother Theresa

“Let us be kind, one to another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.” Ian McKlaren

Contributor
pattysplayhouse
0 Kudos

Thank you.  I didn't have this problem with the Nook 3g. Right now it is more of an annoyance then anything else.  I will just work around it for now and hope that one of the upcomming updates might fix it.