New User
yuliyas
0 Kudos

my Nook Color is charged, but it won't turn on!!!

I charged my Nook Color for 12 hours, but it still won't turn on. I tried "the 20 seconds" trick, but it looks dead. No light, no sound - nothing. Any ideas? It's only 3.5 months old!

Inspired Contributor
mn55019
0 Kudos

Re: my Nook Color is charged, but it won't turn on!!!

if nothing else works,leave it unplugged until you think it would be fully discharged (a couple of days) then recharge it and try to reboot again.

Distinguished Correspondent
poiuy
0 Kudos

Try holding both the power and n buttions for at least ten seconds.

Distinguished Scribe
richardwrite25
0 Kudos

Here's one thing that always works for me when I have that issue: Pull out the SD card, hold power button and 'n' button for 10 seconds, then hold down just the power button. It should power on, and then you can put the card back in.

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout

Richard's suggestion about removing the sd card, if you have one in, is a good one.  Because the NC always try to start from the SD card first, if there's something wrong with the card in just the right spot, it can make trouble. 

When you say "no light," do you mean that you're not even seeing the 'pulse' of very slight color change on the LCD that happens when power is applied?  I think that if the problem is sd card related, you'll see that pulse even if the boot process never gets as far as loading the OS.

When you connect the charging cable to power, what color does the indicator on the cable turn?  If it turns green and stays green, you probably are charged up.  If it turns orange and stays orange, it's worth giving it another run at charging as it may not have gotten a charge the first time.  If it doesn't light up at all, there's a charging problem.  I think there might be either a red or a flashing state that the indicator can be in, but I have not seen it.  Either of those would suggest a problem with the NC, though. 

Some of these cables are very picky about being left alone once charging starts.  Even slight changes in the angle they connect at can stop charging the device, so once I get a charging light I go find a different toy :smileyhappy:

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
New User
marcia45
0 Kudos

Same thing happened with my nook.
I took the suggestion of holding the power and n button down for 10 seconds and it worked! Thanks!!
Correspondent
luv2read29
0 Kudos

thanks for the suggestion. i am charging my nook now because my charger was orange.
New User
NightOwlVT
0 Kudos

I have tried all the options listed, including holding both buttons down, but there is no SD card in my Nook Color.  I guess there never has been.  The light turned from orange to green, but nothing. 

New User
astrosailor
0 Kudos

The SD card suggestion did the trick for me. It had been complaining about some problem with the SD card for a few days and then just went dead, refusing to boot up. Charged it for 12 hours, removed the SD card and booted up like a charm!
Reader
Rossrunner2
0 Kudos

Did it twice and fixed the problem!
Reader 4
Ginger-pye
0 Kudos

Wow! Thank you! You saved me! This worked for me!