New User
crabs3

my nook apps are stuck in installing purgatory

i tried to install several apps on the new nook color i got for christmas, but they never installed. they got to the part where it says "installing" under the picture of the app and stopped. i deleted them off my nook because it was frustrating me. i purchased the words with friends app last night and it is 11 am the next day and it still hasn't installed. why won't they work?? keep in mind i just got this nook on christmas day and only have downloaded 1 book, 1 magazine, and the seesmic app. the rest of my apps got stuck in the installing mode.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Froide
0 Kudos

Re: my nook apps are stuck in installing purgatory

My Nook Tablet (a Christmas gift) suddenly began displaying the same misbehavior. I archived, then archived the files. That didn't help. Neither did uninstalling, then reinstalling the apps. My NT is unrooted, v1.4.2.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
Distinguished Wordsmith
Froide
0 Kudos

Eureka! I found the solution: I turned off my NT (by simul-pressing the volume and Nook buttons, left the device off for 5 minutes, then turned it back on. Miraculously, the 4 apps that had been stuck in "installing" purgatory then fully downloaded themselves (American Airlines, Car Chaos, Dolphin Browser HD, and Dropbox). I hope this easy fix works for everyone experiencing this annoying problem.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
New User
jennalunaVerse
0 Kudos

Froide wrote:
Eureka! I found the solution: I turned off my NT (by simul-pressing the volume and Nook buttons, left the device off for 5 minutes, then turned it back on. Miraculously, the 4 apps that had been stuck in "installing" purgatory then fully downloaded themselves (American Airlines, Car Chaos, Dolphin Browser HD, and Dropbox). I hope this easy fix works for everyone experiencing this annoying problem.

Knowing this board was a year ago, I'm going to go ahead & say "Yay!" My NT apps have been consistently downloading & installing, downloading & installing. Grrr!! I downloaded an "app killer" app to help kill the apps that are running in the background, eating the battery. I couldn't open it because of whatever the hell was going on.

Thanks for the help! I'm turning it back on in a couple minutes. Fingers crossed!

Peace~

Jenna

"If Everybody Demanded Peace Instead of Television Sets, Then There'd Be Peace." ~ John Lennon