Frequent Contributor
AmyMacEvilly
0 Kudos

need to stop a download

I searched the user manual for "stop download." Did a similar search here and nothing came up.

I asked my Nook (stupidly) to download a large PDF that I no longer want. The only way I've found to temporarily stop it is to turn off the WiFi. But when ever I start the WiFi up again, it starts. 

How do I get to the list of downloads? How do I stop the download *permanently*?

Correspondent
AnnaKuz
0 Kudos

Re: need to stop a download

Where did you download it from? If it is on your PC hard disk, can't you just delete the file?

Frequent Contributor
AmyMacEvilly
0 Kudos

It was downloading directly to my Nook, not my Mac. Finally, I just plugged the darn thing in and let it go, and then hooked it up to my Mac to delete the unwanted file. A way to stop a download would be a Good Thing.

Inspired Correspondent
pen_name19
0 Kudos

AmyMacEvilly wrote:

I searched the user manual for "stop download." Did a similar search here and nothing came up.

I asked my Nook (stupidly) to download a large PDF that I no longer want. The only way I've found to temporarily stop it is to turn off the WiFi. But when ever I start the WiFi up again, it starts. 

How do I get to the list of downloads? How do I stop the download *permanently*?

Was this a download via the web-browser? I usually keep tapping the "x" at the top, to the left of the far-right menu icon. Or do a "back", usually by swiping rt-to-lt on the very bottom of the screen.
New User
MrLon
0 Kudos

It seems that a lot of people have the same problem!

Barns and Nobel don't seem to care?

I'm really thinking of changing to something other than my NOOK HD.

I'm so tired of the constant downloads that I don't want any more and can't stop them. What's up with this? I don't think that it is right that I have to reset my NOOK and reload everything to stop the craziness.

Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat

[ Edited ]

MrLon wrote:

It seems that a lot of people have the same problem!

Barns and Nobel don't seem to care?

I'm really thinking of changing to something other than my NOOK HD.

I'm so tired of the constant downloads that I don't want any more and can't stop them. What's up with this? I don't think that it is right that I have to reset my NOOK and reload everything to stop the craziness.

Are you aware that (a) this thread has bee inactive for over three years until your post and (b) is in the forum for support of the Nook Color, a device which has been out of production for over a year? Since you have a Nook HD I would recommend that you post your concern in that support forum.  It would also be helpful if you specify exactly what the "constant downloads" are that you "don't want anymore" are and where they are coming from.  I just checked my download folder and don't see anyting less than two months old and nothing that I believe I didn't download deliberately (although ther are some old items I'm not sure about.)  More specific infomration would help in getting an answer.