Frequent Contributor
XRaiderV1
0 Kudos

nook color auto rotate

ok, just got the 1.4.1 update... and while I sometimes use the autorotate(landscape/portrait) in the web browser when watching trailers and whatnot on youtube... I dont use it when reading a book or epub file.

so, I lock the icon when I load a book.

now, I'd powered the device off after the update, turned it on about 5 minutes ago, tapped a book I wanted to read, went and then made coffee.

I came back, and discovered the book was in landscape mode. I remember tapping the lock icon.

is it supposed to 'loose' that setting when you power the device off?

Murphy's law, according to Danial Jackson of stargate sg-1:
1- ‘Murphy's law said: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.’
2- ‘And Jackson’s law said: Anything that cannot go wrong will always go wrong.’
Frequent Contributor
whiteoakBR
0 Kudos

Re: nook color auto rotate

I find I have to re-lock the orientation each time I open the book whether I have powered down in the meantime or not.  That setting only seems to stay locked during the immediate reading time.

Frequent Contributor
XRaiderV1
0 Kudos

irritating, isnt it?

Murphy's law, according to Danial Jackson of stargate sg-1:
1- ‘Murphy's law said: Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.’
2- ‘And Jackson’s law said: Anything that cannot go wrong will always go wrong.’
Contributor
BlueJayOR
0 Kudos

Very irritating! Even when I lock it in portrait view while reading a book, it goes into landscape mode if I just lay the NC down flat, say in my lap for a few seconds. I just have to keep hitting the lock key when it pops up.

Contributor
Rjs7
0 Kudos

I wish I could read my email in landscape mode.