New User
jimt98
0 Kudos

nookcolor - on my shelves all books are greyed out

shouldn't all the book on my shelves have the mini color cover of the book? All of mine are grey.

Inspired Wordsmith
donc13
0 Kudos

Re: nookcolor - on my shelves all books are greyed out

jimt98 wrote:

shouldn't all the book on my shelves have the mini color cover of the book? All of mine are grey.

Unregister it, and then power it off (not put to sleep).   Then power on and re-register it on the same account.    That should fix the problem.

---------
Don
New User
jimt98
0 Kudos

how do I unregister it?

Inspired Wordsmith
donc13
0 Kudos

jimt98 wrote:

how do I unregister it?

Settings page.   Page 75 of the manual.  Erase and Deregister the NOOKcolor.

---------
Don
New User
jimt98
0 Kudos

I did Erase and Deregister, power off and Re-register twice. They still show as grey.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

Are they sideloaded books. or books from B&N directly downloaded? Mose sideloaded books do not automatically capture the covers.

If they are books downloaded from B&N, can you specify the authors? Check your library online to see if it says a cover is available; sometimes the covers get withdrawn over copyright issues, then get readded later. I know at least 2 of James Patterson's Alex Crosss novels, and Michael Connelly's City of Bones do not currently have a cover.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Inspired Correspondent
pen_name19
0 Kudos

• On our main-screen, the book covers on the top portion suddenly went blank/grey.
  • We dragged one to the "new" bar on the bottom, and the cover showed up again, so then dragged it back to the upper screen, and the cover stayed there.
  • Only had several books, so was easy to do it for all of them.  If we had hundreds, that'd be a different problem.

-- bye