Reader
mnbookloverKW
0 Kudos

nookcolor web browser frozen

My web browser is stuck on a page.  It didn't finish loading, and I can't make it stop.  I've tried "stopping", I've tried searching for a different web page, I've shut the thing off and on a bunch of times.  But, everytime I click on web, it just goes back to the same page and acts like it is trying to finish loading.  This has been days.  help!

Contributor
dawgdude
0 Kudos

Re: nookcolor web browser frozen

Hi,

It looks as if you just bought your NC.  Have you seen the web browser work properly

for any length of time?  Also, have you tried a proper power down (hold down power

button 10 seconds and wait for screen to go black)?

If you haven't seen the browser work well for any length of time you may want

to take in the NC to you local B&N and demonstrate your problem for them.

Best of luck, Dave

Reader
mnbookloverKW
0 Kudos

It was working just fine...it is just stuck on this one page.  I think I'm going to have to find time this weekend to take it to BN and see if they can help.

New User
chaoticgood
0 Kudos

This happened to me this morning.

Did anything end up working?

Contributor
AmandaGranner
0 Kudos

I had this happen yesterday when my husband was using my NC. We couldn't get it to go to a new page. I was able to get it working again by hitting the home button, waiting a minute or two giving the web app enough time to reset, and then went to the web again. It seemed to work ok after that.

~ Amanda
B&N Bookseller
MollyO
0 Kudos

It could actually be your NOOKcolor connecting to the internet. Your device actually disconnects from the internet at times in order to conserve battery life or it could also be that an internet connection is timing out. Your best bet is to bring it in to a B&N store for proper diagnosis but I have noticed if a user is not connected to the shopping screen or the web browser for a period of time, the connection can time out on both the device and different WiFi networks.

Molly - CRM2723