Frequent Contributor
so_death_bye
0 Kudos

update 4.1

when is the 4.1 nook color update comming out

i dont need to see a coming soon everyday

give me a date when it might come out

i dont want to see the comming soon every time i log on.

and what does 4.1 do?

What's Montague? It is nor hand nor foot,
Nor arm nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O be some other name!

What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet
Wordsmith
Melissa19
0 Kudos

Re: update 4.1

[ Edited ]

Hi,

There is no ETA on the update. However, I assume that it will come soon because of the holidays.  The update will add Netflix and Hulu Plus, as well as many new reading features. The BN stores around me already have a beta of the update loaded on one of the colors, please ask the rep. if the same holds true for them.

Melissa19
Correspondent
dave47

The update is 1.4, not 4.1 and IMO there are WAY too many "when's it coming" messages here.

It will arrive when it arrives.  No sooner.

When you get to a fork in the road --- take it.
Reader 4
MorrisonDS
0 Kudos

I think the general feeling is that the "coming soon" sign has long outgrown its usefulness as a teaser. B&N updates are always late, but coupling the expected lateness with the knowledge that NT users already HAVE ver 1.4 has caused more than the usual anxiety. The whole silent treatment by their support group seems pretty callous
Inspired Contributor
RucknRun
0 Kudos

It is out today! I copied it over on the side load but it is not finding it so far.

Inspired Contributor
RucknRun
0 Kudos

Bounced the Nook and it found the update and updated witout issue.  Wish I had wifi at work so I could try Netflix.

Inspired Correspondent
Technologirl

Waiting for the list of what they broke in this update to appear ....

Contributor
Kaylene_Burns
0 Kudos

"bounced"? I side-loaded and it is not recognizing it either. What do you mean by "bounced"?

Inspired Contributor
BeachCatFan
0 Kudos

Kaylene_Burns wrote:

"bounced"? I side-loaded and it is not recognizing it either. What do you mean by "bounced"?

I think he means turned it off. I could swear mine shut down (on it's own....i caught the "shutting off" words flash by) and came back on before the "installing update" screen showed up!!

Frequent Contributor
General_Knowledge
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem.  I've downloaded and side loaded the file and when it goes into sleep mode nothing happens.  I tried turning it off and on and still nothing.  I called digital support and they told me to try downloading the file again in a few hours because "It has only been out a few hours now".  Don't they beta test?  So now I have to wait for a more 'aged" file I guess. :smileymad:  I feel like digital support just wanted to get me off the phone.

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

The file is fine the problem would be with your computer, your downloaded file integrity or your browser. I tried 3 times on my computer with crome and it would never start updating. Between times I would delete the file both from my desk top and from the nook drive before starting again. Also tried turning nook all the way off each time too.

Then I went to my husband's computer and downloaded it there with IE and it started right up with no prompting. I have had trouble with crome downloads in previous updates also.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Frequent Contributor
General_Knowledge
0 Kudos

I wasn't using Chrome and I've never had a problem before.  I just tried downloading again.  Still nothing when it went into sleep mode.  I did a soft reset and it updated!

Inspired Wordsmith
julestrik
0 Kudos

I tried several times to get the update to download and I was having issues but after deregistering and then registering and then saying a few magic words I finally got it to work.  I just want to say that I really like the updates changes and so far so good!  Thanks to B&N tech and before all the complaints start I wanted to get my 2 cents in here.  

Reader 2
Kuklaguera
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the input. Really helpful. I downloaded at home earlier thru Firefox and sideloaded. Could see Zip file on Nook but no reaction (previous update installs worked perfectly). Will try suggested postings.

Inspired Correspondent
j-andersonjma
0 Kudos

My first attempt to sideload the update produced no reaction on the Nook Color.  I deleted the ZIP file from the Nook and from my computer then re-downloaded the file from B&N.  Side loaded it and after disconnecting the Nook Color went to sleep and within a minute started the update.

I believe the first ZIP file was corrupted as I got that information from my computer when I tried to copy it to the Nook Color a second time.  That is why I deleted the file from both locations and downloaded a new copy.

Inspired Correspondent
Mupples
0 Kudos

Mine wasn't recognizing it either. I just shut it off and turned it back on, let it fall asleep and it finally kicked the update on. I went through IE