Contributor
Knittymama1
0 Kudos

where can I buy a new screen for my Nook Color?

I broke my screen this summer (no extra warrenty purchased, my fault)!. Anyway, my husband can replace the screen for me but we can't seem to find one to buy. Anyone know where we can find one? Thanks!

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Re: where can I buy a new screen for my Nook Color?

Knittymama1 wrote:

I broke my screen this summer (no extra warrenty purchased, my fault)!. Anyway, my husband can replace the screen for me but we can't seem to find one to buy. Anyone know where we can find one? Thanks!

On the B&N website you can now buy a pre-owned certified NC for $150. That is probably cheaper than a new screen, if you even can find a new screen.

Frequent Contributor
MikeNC
0 Kudos

Never done  business with this place, but http://www.portatronics.com lists them for $129.00

Parts for tablets and ereaders are hard to find, and often what is available is not really "new replacement" parts, but recycled parts from damaged or failed units.  There just is not really much of a market for parts, and so most parts production is already marked for new production and not available as replacement parts.  Especially touch LCD screens, which seem to be the single most common part that tech news sites end up citing as limiting produciton of everything from smart phones to tablets - tons of new OEM products all scrambling for the apparently quite limited producition supply of screens.

Also, at $129.00 for a replacement screen, plus taxes and shipping, not to mention your time and effort to make the repair and pretty quickly you reach a point where it really is cheaper and simpler to just buy a replacement ereader (and drop the old one off at a recycle center).

Contributor
Knittymama1
0 Kudos

Wow, too bad they are so pricey!! I had seen them eariler on Ebay for $80, but can't find that source now. You're right though, at that price it's not really worth the trouble to fix. Thanks for the info,

Wordsmith
CraigAZ
0 Kudos

Knittymama1 wrote:

Wow, too bad they are so pricey!! I had seen them eariler on Ebay for $80, but can't find that source now. You're right though, at that price it's not really worth the trouble to fix. Thanks for the info,

Agreed. I have also seen replacement touch displays on eBay with a part number but can't find them now either.

New User
Strikes

[ Edited ]

You can get just the nook color replacement screen over at bcdelectrostore. I bought one, works great and the cheapest I could find it anywhere online. It comes with the digitizer too. They are only $39.99 + Free shipping. Good luck!

http://www.bcdelectrostore.com/magento/ereader-parts/barnes-noble-nook-color-ebook-ereader-screen-re...

New User
physkia_416
0 Kudos

still cant find a screen for my nook touch with/glowlight can some one help help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my nook touch with/glowlight has a dark mark in the one half in the screen and the other half is white,but at the extreme top right hand corner you can still c the screen saver on it,someone said that it is broken,then another said the ink is leaking in it,try to talk to commuter server they put me through to there tec they said I must call there tec.dep. I am in another country it will take me a lot of money to call them so they can put me on hold and wast my credit,no thank,so any one out there may know of a place where I can get a screen for my nook to by please tell thank.